Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anxiety: appt. date

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

A few weeks back an incident occurred. Ever since I have experienced shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, sweats, shaking/trembles, and crying outbursts. I can't seem to control anything anymore.

Dh told me to start taking his anxiety meds and they have helped but I can't keep taking his medicine. So today I have decided not to take them and I feel everything is crashing down and I've only been awake for 2 hours.  

I know I need to call my Dr. and I plan to if dh is ever home long enough for me to go. Right now the earliest apt. I can make is late next week.

Should I keep taking dh's meds till apt. day?

The earliest slot open for an appt. was Tuesday morning, only 5 days away. I can only hope when dh gets his schedule tomorrow he will be at home more than working, that will help these days go faster.

Yesterday morning was the last time I took any of dh's meds. I have had my good and bad moments since, and I haven't noticed any withdrawls.

Thanks for all the encouraging words and help ladies!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I have had anxiety attacks since I was 12. I am sorry to hear you are going thru it because they can be scary. When you feel one coming on try very hard to slow down your breathing. I count to ten over and over until it passes but I know it may not work for everyone. All the counting does it gets you focused on something else and regulates your breathing. I wouldn't take anymore of your dh's meds because you don't know what the doctor will put you on. Keep us updated and I hope you feel better soon. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Thanks I will try that next time an attack hits. Is it normal to have the shaking and sweats all day long?

Quoting Sarlinda:

I have had anxiety attacks since I was 12. I am sorry to hear you are going thru it because they can be scary. When you feel one coming on try very hard to slow down your breathing. I count to ten over and over until it passes but I know it may not work for everyone. All the counting does it gets you focused on something else and regulates your breathing. I wouldn't take anymore of your dh's meds because you don't know what the doctor will put you on. Keep us updated and I hope you feel better soon. :)

marie2409
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't take anymore of his meds. You are likely experiencing withdraws on top of the return of your anxiety.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

No, you should never take someone else's medication ... especially an anxiety medicine!!!  You need to see a doctor asap! 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM

If he has enough to share without him running out for himself, you can probably safely take them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I made an appt. but it isn't until next week.

Quoting dingysfamily:

No, you should never take someone else's medication ... especially an anxiety medicine!!!  You need to see a doctor asap! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM

We figure our Dr.(we have the same) will prescribe the same thing. Dh forgets to take his on his busy days at work so he definitely has plenty. 

Quoting EireLass:

If he has enough to share without him running out for himself, you can probably safely take them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Vitamin B's help mood and anxiety. B6,B12,B1. Try it. I agree. I would not wanna take anxiety meds long term.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I take 100% of the daily value of all the Vitamin B's already.

Quoting Anonymous:

Vitamin B's help mood and anxiety. B6,B12,B1. Try it. I agree. I would not wanna take anxiety meds long term.

a_brown23
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I have found that the minimum dose of St.John's Wort works well for my anxiety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)