Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Government are Idiots! Why can't they fix this issue?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Investopedia explains 'Debt Ceiling'

Before the debt ceiling was created, the President had free reign on the country's finances. In 1917, the debt ceiling was created during World War I to hold the President fiscally responsible. Over time, the debt ceiling has been raised whenever the United States comes close to hitting the limit. By hitting the limit and missing an interest payment to bondholders, the United States would be in default, lowering its credit rating and increasing the cost of its debt.

We don't need to raise how much debt we can get in every year. When the government owes out way more every year than what it brings in, they need to start cutting the crazy insane amount they are spending on military. I'm not talking about cutting soldier paychecks (they have already made that bad decision) I'm talking about all this money we are spending on fancy toys. There is no reason to spend what we do on military! Look at this chart. You know we spend about the same as all the rest of the world combined? WHY? Why are they not fixing the problem of the government owing out way more than what they bring in every year by doing something besides raising the amount we can be in debt and cutting SS and soldier pay?! Its a never ending cycle. Oh and is making sure our seniors are taken care of really less important than the military!? Oh and what if we had a major war? We wouldnt have the funding for it because we are spending trillions and trillions on this piddly crap. If someone has more bills coming in than cash whats the logical thing to do? Cut the cable. What do you think is our governments cable? I want to hear your opinions.I know some will say get rid of the food stamps program but i disagree with that. I do believe we could cut the maximum amount a person can get because when my husband was making a little more than min wage and we had one child we had almost $60 left over every month. These unemploied people with all these kids are getting way more food stamps than they need or can spend. When this happens they are more likely to be traded for cash or drugs.I think welfare could take a cut as well. Not remove it just cut back. We pay for the housing, food, medical and electricity they really don't need much more than that. The non custodial parent must pay a certain amount of support shouldn't the custodial parent be held just as responsible?

CHART OF GLOBAL MILITARY SPENDING

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM
We need to make cuts in many areas. Stop making taxes go up and stop adding to the debt.
Karopie_99
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for that. I spent forever typing this, researching only to barely get comments lol.

Quoting Karopie_99:

bump

Karopie_99
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I didn't have a chance to read the whole thing. I bumped it so I can go back to it later.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for that. I spent forever typing this, researching only to barely get comments lol.

Quoting Karopie_99:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Military spending should be cut drastically.  The welfare programs should not go away entirely, but there should be limits on food stamps and how much a person should get.  No one should be rewarded for bringing more kids into poverty, so the welfare raises they get for each child needs to stop.  People will have to live on what they have and not expect more.  I have read on here that some people are getting 600-800 a month in FS, that is outrageous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)