Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When to get RH Negative Shot?

Posted by   + Show Post

I can't remember when I got it with my first born but i'm already just hitting 29 weeks and my next doctors appointment isn't until the 29th. Everyone I talk to and what I google it's around 28 weeks. I told my doctor in the very beginning that i'm going to need the shot, and a few visits ago as well. Just hoping it didn't leak through the cracks or something. Is it normal to wait till around 31 weeks to get the shot or should I call my doctor and set up a separate appointment? I think either way i'll call them tomorrow but just trying to ease my mind a little tonight I guess. 

pregnancy calendar

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Replies (11-12):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I got mine when I miscarried.  With the others I feel like i got one about half way and then after birth.

ColieO
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM
If anything were to happen in the meantime, you have up to 72 hours to get the shot before it can become an issue. It's really not necessary.

Quoting Keatonzmom:

Well the lady said that it's still within the same month and they have it scheduled for me at my next appointment. It's still kind of like ok, well if something happens to me before then than I'm SOL with the baby so I'm thinking I might give them a call Monday and set up a separate appointment for next week. I don't feel comfortable waiting three weeks pass the "usual" time frame. 

EDIT: I know it's just more of a precausion but i've been bringing it up to them for awhile because i'm paranoid and would feel more comfotable to have it earlier than later. Kinda irritated that they pushed it off this long with how concerned about it I obviously was/am.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)