Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why are you married?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm just curious what your reasons for marriage are. I don't believe people have to be married to make a commitment or to be good parents at all. I just wanted to me married to my man. I enjoy being married, I like my husband being my husband. It's for me. So why are you married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We are not legally married but I love my hunny. We are common law and will celebrate our 6year anniversary on the 29th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm like you.  I wanted him to be my husband, not just my boyfriend.  I wanted to be family before we started adding to our family.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

missdiadots
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

When DH and I first started dating he told me he never wanted to get married, that he didn't believe in the institution of marriage for a variety (and imo educated) reasons but that he was committed and did want a family.

When it actually came around to the time where we were wanting to start a family he decided that instead it was a better idea to get married --- his reasoning was purely for our children. Currently it's not as much of a stigma to have children outside of marriage but that is something that could change. He did not want to risk burdening them with that potential stigma.

TinaNicu
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I married because I wanted a lifelong partner and a family. My faith teaches that marriage must happen before a family. I know many of you disagree, but that is ok. 

danie24
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
For the romance :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Because I love my husband and I think marriage is an important commitment. It is a promise to my husband before God that I want to spend the rest of our lives together.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Because I love him, and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I wanted to be joined in unity with him before God and all my friends and family.

alf2651
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM

We love each other and we wanted to commit to each other.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mysticmom90
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

So that his health insurance would accept me :)

We would be together forever anyway but this was as good as any reason to make it "legal"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe in marriage and believe in only having kids after marriage. Married 28 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)