Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

He said I looked like Humpty Dumpty.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, so I'm 7 months pregnant and only 5'2".  I'm normally very small, and while my legs and arms have stayed thin, I look like an orange with 4 toothpicks in it.  DH is normally very supportive and tells me how beautiful I am (even though I don't feel very attractive right now).  I know he was joking, but it hurt my feelings.  Am I overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
nikkita311
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM

i hear comments like that and im not pregnant nobody has the right to say mean things to you pregnant or not

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Awww, honey. Yes, you're overreacting! Pregnancy hormones will do that. My husband made some jokes about me, but he had never criticized my weight or appearance before, so I knew he was just kidding and it was kind of funny how huge I got when I am normally a small person. I had cankles from being so swollen lol. It was not a pretty sight. Nurses would look at my ankles in the hospital after giving birth, get this look of panic on their faces on take my blood pressure, which they couldn't believe was normal ha ha ha ha!

I remember having a hard time being able to get up off a chaise lounge at my brother's wedding in Hawaii- he HAD to get married when I was 7 months pregnant (Grrrrrr...) and I was whining about my feet, which had swollen really badly after being on the airplane, and my husband was looking down at me smiling and said, "I never thought I'd see the day when you would look like this...", because I kept putting off getting pregnant for so long.

I was so annoyed that I quietly told him to STFU, that HE was the reason I was in this mess in the first place and would he PLEASE help me get out of that damn chair!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Yes a bit. Damn hormones get us everytime. My dd dad when I was pregnant told me I looked like a blue berry on steroids, I was 8 mths pregnant had gained 100 lbs and was.wearing a purple maternity shirt and shorts. I cried for weeks and refused to talk to him for a weeks. Now 12yrs later I look at pics.and say dammmmmn I did look like a blue berry on steroids in that. Lol Men sometimes spill stupid out of there mouth without knowing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Yes a bit. Damn hormones get us everytime. My dd dad when I was pregnant told me I looked like a blue berry on steroids, I was 8 mths pregnant had gained 100 lbs and was wearing a purple maternity shirt and shorts. I cried for weeks and refused to talk to him for a week. Now 12yrs later I look at pics and say dammmmmn I did look like a blue berry on steroids in that. Lol Men sometimes spill stupid out of there mouth without knowing it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)