Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone here NOT on welfare?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And food stamps? Pease share how you got out of your situation and moved on up like George Jefferson.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Never been on it. Never even qualified for it. Always just miss the mark to qualify. 

robbinsroost
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM

We were on some form of it for 4 years after getting married. DH worked his way up by switching jobs a few times and we have been off for four years now. DH makes more than 4 times what he did when we got married.

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Raises hand. Never have been thankfully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Nope. Never have been. 

MariannLws
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM
7 moms liked this

I grew up on welfare and food stamps. I made a choice as a little girl to never live like that. I completed high school. Everyone dropped out of school. I didn't get pregnant as a teen and I went to college. I worked 2 jobs to pay for my classes, books and what not. 

I changed my social circle. I  was very picky who I went out with and finally who I married. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
5 moms liked this
I have not always been on assistance its not like I woke up 1 morning and said I want to be on food stamps. Some times you are put in to situations you can t control and as I've said I been working sense I was 14 and have been paying taxes the whole time
wonderwomanT08
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM
By working my ass off,.planning,saving and spending wisely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
This

Quoting lwalker270:

I'm not and never have been.
Twix.Leigh
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Me!
I was, then my SO moved in and supported us for a year. Now I work my butt off working 2-3 12 hour days a week and 3-5 8-10 hour days a week. Mostly I just didn't let anyone make me feel like shit about my situation. It was what it was, and now it's better. Though if I ever needed it, I'd be there in a heartbeat to provide for my boys.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
32 moms liked this
What business is it of yours or anyone else's if someone is using or has used any form of public assistance? Are you so perfect that you've never found yourself in a tough situation? Having to decide between medication or food? Or heat and food? Get off your fricken high horse and stop the bashing. I know people that worked their asses off for 20 years at the same job, saved money but due to a restructure of her company was laid off. She can't find another job making what she was. She's back in school and looking for another job. Should her lazy ass be bashed because the situation was out of her control? Should she not feed her kids?

It's time people stop judging and bashing others that may not have any choice. You don't know a persons situation so lay off already.

And yes, I've used food stamps and I work full time and go to school. I'm not on them anymore because my lousy $8.50 an hour is too much. If it wasn't for my parents, I'd have no food. But in some people's eyes that would be ok because I'm lazy and abusing the system.

Just remember, all of you judgmental bashers can be in the situation where you need help. Karma is a bitch!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN