Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone here NOT on welfare?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And food stamps? Pease share how you got out of your situation and moved on up like George Jefferson.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
More like too many judgmental bitches on here that like to make others feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, not many on here. Too many welfare moms on here and zero ambition to get off the gravy train.
The_Doodle
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We worked at jobs, did well there, and got promoted with raises that allowed us to get off of the assistance we had.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Um, sorry, wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

More like too many judgmental bitches on here that like to make others feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, not many on here. Too many welfare moms on here and zero ambition to get off the gravy train.

baby7810
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM

my dd is on state insurance only cause if we put heron ours then we wouldnt be able to make bills.

kkps725
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
That is exactly what it is intended for. Good for you!!:)

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'm not on any.  I've been on it.  I just used it to get on my feet and then got off.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this
No, thank god. Sucking the government's tit like a newborn child isnt my thing.
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM
SMH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
We used government insurance for 6 months when my husband's job had some insurance that no one in our area accepted. Other than that we never needed to use FS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't mean for this post to turn into a bash....I've had to use public assistance myself before, and thank goodness it was there.  I was hoping those who had stories to tell could provide some hope and inspiration for those who are using PA.....to let them know that there is more out there.  So stop being a grumpy bitch....you're taking everything out of context.  It's probably why you sleep alone at night.

Quoting Anonymous:

What business is it of yours or anyone else's if someone is using or has used any form of public assistance? Are you so perfect that you've never found yourself in a tough situation? Having to decide between medication or food? Or heat and food? Get off your fricken high horse and stop the bashing. I know people that worked their asses off for 20 years at the same job, saved money but due to a restructure of her company was laid off. She can't find another job making what she was. She's back in school and looking for another job. Should her lazy ass be bashed because the situation was out of her control? Should she not feed her kids?

It's time people stop judging and bashing others that may not have any choice. You don't know a persons situation so lay off already.

And yes, I've used food stamps and I work full time and go to school. I'm not on them anymore because my lousy $8.50 an hour is too much. If it wasn't for my parents, I'd have no food. But in some people's eyes that would be ok because I'm lazy and abusing the system.

Just remember, all of you judgmental bashers can be in the situation where you need help. Karma is a bitch!!!

kkps725
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I have never been on any kind of pa.

Dh and i started off poor, i moved out halfway through my senior year of high school, dh had just finished tech school and had a ton of debt from student loans. We got a cheap apartment. We ate Ramon noodles and 88 cent banquet meals. No cable, no satellite, no Internet... If it was not a necessity we did not have it. We put EVERY spare penny towards paying off student loans..
In my opinion, money management is the issue the majority of the time. NOT all the time, just the majority of it.
With hard work, dedication, and a TON of prayers, we were rewarded with success.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)