Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone here NOT on welfare?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And food stamps? Pease share how you got out of your situation and moved on up like George Jefferson.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Ultra_
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Der. I don't know how. Working like most people. We never actually qualified for any of it besides WIC. Not even when he lost his job or after the hurricane.

websorceress
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
7 moms liked this

I think CM made a big mistake with their anonymous option.....brings out the worst in people.......

I was never on any government assistance, I worked my ass off in a 'man's world'.......I worked harder then most of the men I worked with.......and raised my daughter as a single mother....I lived in the best neighborhoods too, I wanted to know I was protecting my daughter so most of my money went to rent......and we did without the other luxuries of life.......and we made it..........UNTIL...............

when I was 42, the rug was pulled out from under me and I lost my health, I fought it and worked as long as I could, that was a huge mistake, it only damaged me more, because I could never imagine getting help from the governement, although I paid a lot into the my social security over the years I did work......I eventually became housebound for 14 years.......I'm on a feet now but still can't work.

When I see all this yapping about how horrible people are for collecting government assistance it breaks my heart..........I had no choice and still have no choice but to collect........I know, I know your talking about the ones who can work and milk the system but you never say that, you just talk shit about anyone who collects it........you really don't care how you hurt others, it's why you choose to go anonymous..........grow up, your life isn't over yet and you have no clue what is in store for you.....and guess what, if something happens to you, it will be a surprise....you won't see it coming.........what goes around, comes around........

smilesmile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I am not anymore.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I am not!!!!! I worked my butt off. Go figure

Fields456
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Haven't been on them we both work I'm just lucky enough to work from home so no daycare although I might be getting a new job and will just do what I do now on the side Competition dance is freaking expensive. Thank god we had a boy and not another girl lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I love this and I truly hope you get your life back. You deserve whatever help you need.

IQuoting websorceress:

I think CM made a big mistake with their anonymous option.....brings out the worst in people.......

I was never on any government assistance, I worked my ass off in a 'man's world'.......I worked harder then most of the men I worked with.......and raised my daughter as a single mother....I lived in the best neighborhoods too, I wanted to know I was protecting my daughter so most of my money went to rent......and we did without the other luxuries of life.......and we made it..........UNTIL...............

when I was 42, the rug was pulled out from under me and I lost my health, I fought it and worked as long as I could, that was a huge mistake, it only damaged me more, because I could never imagine getting help from the governement, although I paid a lot into the my social security over the years I did work......I eventually became housebound for 14 years.......I'm on a feet now but still can't work.

When I see all this yapping about how horrible people are for collecting government assistance it breaks my heart..........I had no choice and still have no choice but to collect........I know, I know your talking about the ones who can work and milk the system but you never say that, you just talk shit about anyone who collects it........you really don't care how you hurt others, it's why you choose to go anonymous..........grow up, your life isn't over yet and you have no clue what is in store for you.....and guess what, if something happens to you, it will be a surprise....you won't see it coming.........what goes around, comes around........

websorceress
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

LOL your so brave behind that anonymous name........but karma knows who you are LOLOLOL Just so we are clear I'm talking to Anonymous #1, the one with the stick up her ass.........anonymouse #2, your 100% right, why go anonymous???

Quoting Anonymous:

Karma right back at ya. You can't spit vemon and not expect it to come right back at ya. 

waaa waaa waaaa there are always excuses. work a job beneath you. work 2 or 3 if you have to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What business is it of yours or anyone else's if someone is using or has used any form of public assistance? Are you so perfect that you've never found yourself in a tough situation? Having to decide between medication or food? Or heat and food? Get off your fricken high horse and stop the bashing. I know people that worked their asses off for 20 years at the same job, saved money but due to a restructure of her company was laid off. She can't find another job making what she was. She's back in school and looking for another job. Should her lazy ass be bashed because the situation was out of her control? Should she not feed her kids?

It's time people stop judging and bashing others that may not have any choice. You don't know a persons situation so lay off already.

And yes, I've used food stamps and I work full time and go to school. I'm not on them anymore because my lousy $8.50 an hour is too much. If it wasn't for my parents, I'd have no food. But in some people's eyes that would be ok because I'm lazy and abusing the system.

Just remember, all of you judgmental bashers can be in the situation where you need help. Karma is a bitch!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this
No if I wanted to be rewarded for doing nothing I'd be on welfare :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, thank god. Sucking the government's tit like a newborn child isnt my thing.

Do you want a cookie?

Jamie1972
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Ive been on fs and wic. With wic I used it until the kids aged out. FS was used until dh found a job.(we were both out of a job,he just happened to find one first.)  Currently I receive SSI for my oldest ds.

little.worthen
by Tess on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to get fs when I was a single mom. It took some time, a lot of crying, and even more hard work. But if I can do it, anyone can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN