Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Promise Rings

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 59 Replies

My boyfriend and I have talked about getting promise rings. We've been together a year now and it doesn't seem like we are going to break up anytime soon. 

I looked on Amazon for promise rings and I found a few I like. Which do you like?

Option 1... Footprints

Option 2... Heartbeat

Option 3... Lock and Key

Option 4... Love

Option 5... Me and you

Option 6... You make me happy everyday

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this
If you can afford them do it. Seems like a waste of money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I like 3,4 & 6. Although, I find it odd when adults get promise rings. Reminds me of high school. Why not just get engaged? Unless you don't plan on actually marrying ever but want a symbol of your commitment. Then I guess promise rings would make sense.
NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM

We haven't quite decided if we want to get married or not but we want something to show that we are committed to each other. We're only almost 19 and 20 years old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like 3,4 & 6. Although, I find it odd when adults get promise rings. Reminds me of high school. Why not just get engaged? Unless you don't plan on actually marrying ever but want a symbol of your commitment. Then I guess promise rings would make sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Oh yeah...you guys are young. I have kids older than you guys :/ (THAT makes me feel so old...lol).

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

We haven't quite decided if we want to get married or not but we want something to show that we are committed to each other. We're only almost 19 and 20 years old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Those all look like wedding bands not promise rings... when I think of a promise ring I think of a promise to marry or pre-engagement ring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Waste of money at your age. Commit or not. You shouldn't need a symbol.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Quoting Anonymous:

Christy1919
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Promise rings? Can't you guys just pinky swear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry, but promise rings are silly and childish. You are adults, you are a mother. You are either engaged to be married or you are not. 

Forget the rings until you have actually decided to get married. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I agree, lol.  I got a promise ring at 16.  Knew we would NEVER work out but it was a decent ring.  As adults it is all or nothing.  Engaged or not. 

Quoting momto3B:

I am sorry, but promise rings are silly and childish. You are adults, you are a mother. You are either engaged to be married or you are not. 

Forget the rings until you have actually decided to get married. 

VickyJoJo
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I like Option 4 and 6.   I disagree with those who think it is silly or childish.    While it is not something I would do, if you want to do it, have at it.  It is your life and your money and if it is what makes you and your boyfriend happy, go for it.  She asked for opinions on the ring, not on whether or not she should even get one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN