Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My boyfriend and I have talked about getting promise rings. We've been together a year now and it doesn't seem like we are going to break up anytime soon. 

I looked on Amazon for promise rings and I found a few I like. Which do you like?

Option 1... Footprints

Option 2... Heartbeat

Option 3... Lock and Key

Option 4... Love

Option 5... Me and you

Option 6... You make me happy everyday

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Replies (51-59):
k1kelley
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Option 4-Love

JTE11
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think these are necessary. If you're just starting out in life (and you are) you'll need every cent. Save the money because if you get engeged you'll never wear them again.

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Lock and key.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I don't like any of them. When I got a promise ring it looked like a mini engagement ring. If you want to get a "promise ring" just get some kind of matching bands or something that has meaning to you. I think the ones you picked out are kind of tacky

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM

What about something like this

Heart-Shaped Diamond Accent Ring in 10K Gold - Zales

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Couple's Interlocked Hearts Simulated Birthstone Ring in Sterling Silver (2 Stones) - Zales

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM

This is sad.  I guess I was under the mistaken impression that that the cafemom's community was here to offer support and advice and engage in meaningful discussions on important topics to us as moms, wifes and women.    When there are some many things in this world that is designed to tear us down, many come to these boards for support and advice, not to be torn down here too.   This young lady asks for opinions on a ring and instead gets a bunch of judgemental BS.  We know nothing about her financial situation, lifestyle, etc.  She asked for one thing - an opinion on which ring is best, not whether she should get one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
She got advice. Many said it is stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is sad.  I guess I was under the mistaken impression that that the cafemom's community was here to offer support and advice and engage in meaningful discussions on important topics to us as moms, wifes and women.    When there are some many things in this world that is designed to tear us down, many come to these boards for support and advice, not to be torn down here too.   This young lady asks for opinions on a ring and instead gets a bunch of judgemental BS.  We know nothing about her financial situation, lifestyle, etc.  She asked for one thing - an opinion on which ring is best, not whether she should get one. 

supercarp
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I like the love ones best

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN