Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If your front door didn't open when came home..

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you
A. Try unlocking the deadbolt
B. knock to have your spouse let you in
C throw your shoulder into the door.

Apparently the answer is c. Smh. Dh took the girls to school this morning and I locked te door behind him as I ALWAYS do. When he got back he twisted the nob which was unlocked and I walked over to open the door. He then burst through the door and as he did that the trim popped off and flew across the room as did a large piece of the door frame.

Fun.

I have no idea what he was thinking. The door can't lock now and he said he has no plans to fix it today. I am mostly mad about that part. Yes it's a time consuming fix but dang it the door doesn't lock!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (21-25):
SWasson
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Damn, I was going to go for A, followed by B, and then D: Try the other door. Trying to ram one down NEVER crossed my mind.

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Such a "guy" thing to do!!! I'd be annoyed too.

Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Men.  They just don't think sometimes.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Well that doesn't sound very safe even w/the lock. A little use your shoulder and your in anyways, hmmmm if you feel the need to use a lock for safety I would be looking into a safer door or something as that isn't very secure.

We don't lock our house so this wouldn't be an issue for us, even when we go out. Though we don't lock our cars either. 

supercarp
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Has he exibited other signs of mental dysfunction before this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN