Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

PLEASE HELP THESE FAMILIES!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is not a breast feeding/formula feeding post! These children are medically fragile and have SEVERE allergies to any form of protein from soy to breast milk to cow's milk to goat milk, etc. And the company has changed its formula and conceivably THOUSANDS of children are affected by this change! Many of them are deathly ill! Please take a moment to write them and tell them to change the ingredients of the Neocate Formula back to the original ingredients. LIVES DEPEND ON THIS NOTE! 

http://nutricia.com/footer-english/contact-us

Here is the article with more details. 

http://www.missecoglam.com/kids/item/5101-the-impending-neocate-formula-disaster-how-a-seemingly-insignificant-formula-change-may-result-in-the-deaths-of-children

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLT2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I'll check it out, but I don't do links

Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

OH OH OH Annora is allergic to milk protien.. she is on elecare jr now that she is a toddler, but elecare when she was an infant. If Elecare messed with her formula, which is one of the only things she can eat to live I would be driving to the company with a van full of sleeping supplies and food and picket signs.!

Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope other mom's with kids like I have find Elecare, it taste better than Neocate and is better made. It only cost 54 dollars a can. 

louzannalady
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

*hug* Thank you for your response. This is very scary for many, many families. I hope people click that first link and write a quick note stating that it needs to  be changed back to the original ingredients. 

Quoting Punkslilncs:

OH OH OH Annora is allergic to milk protien.. she is on elecare jr now that she is a toddler, but elecare when she was an infant. If Elecare messed with her formula, which is one of the only things she can eat to live I would be driving to the company with a van full of sleeping supplies and food and picket signs.!

Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Also it isn't just throwing up.. it is bloody projectile vomit when she has a stomach irriatant, and cases can get so badly that kids not wanting to consume anything cause it hurts their stomach and intestines, so basically they starve themselves for fear of pain, even if it is things they are allowed. 

louzannalady
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

*hug* Goodness! I wish you and your little one well!  

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Also it isn't just throwing up.. it is bloody projectile vomit when she has a stomach irriatant, and cases can get so badly that kids not wanting to consume anything cause it hurts their stomach and intestines, so basically they starve themselves for fear of pain, even if it is things they are allowed. 

Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

For people who don't have children with milk protien allergies, immagine you not being able to breast feed your baby, so you have to find a formula that works, and finally when you realize something much more serious is going on you have hit the jackpot you find a formula that keeps your baby alive, cause your precious angel was near death, with bloody vomit, stool so explosive intestine would sometimes make an appearance, you found something that works and you are so happy, until the company makes a change and the horror starts all over again your baby is dying in front of your eyes and nothing you can do to stop it. For those mothers please click the link send an email, go to the facebook page and protest. 

kitty8199
by Nicole on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Why would they change the formula of the formula? If they want changes just make a different kind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM

From what I am reading it appears they weren't making enough profit with the old formula of the formula so now they are risking children's lives for money which is awesome!

Quoting kitty8199:

Why would they change the formula of the formula? If they want changes just make a different kind

kitty8199
by Nicole on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Awesome Hope someone sues

Quoting Punkslilncs:

From what I am reading it appears they weren't making enough profit with the old formula of the formula so now they are risking children's lives for money which is awesome!

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)