Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel bad for her daughter in law to be, already.  Who else thinks so too?? 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Wow I so disagree with you.  I am a smoker and I have 4 beautiful children.  Never smoke in my home, they are never around it and I am an amazing mom.  Just because someone smokes does not mean they can't be a mother that is just stupid.

Quoting emmiesmommie422:

If she smoked during pregnancy and was going to smoke while nursing, it's all the better for her to not breastfeed. Look at it that way. I have broken 2 friendships over women who can't seem to quit smoking while pregnant. I was smoking 1 and half packs a day when I got pregnant with my daughter, the second I found out that I was pregnant was the second that I quit smoking. It has been 3 years and I have not smoked a single cigarette since. If I could do it, anybody can. Girls who say they just can't, need to just say they can't have babies.

sirkokobean
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

wow I agre with you, I'm 46 years old ad never got pregnant, always wanted to but have a pelvic tilt and it never happened.  But if it had I would have done everything possible to have a health baby.  You are correct she is selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I would feel the same way.  Smoking is dangerous for everyone, especially babies.  She's an idiot for that alone.  As far as breastfeeding, eh.  If she's stupid enough to be smoking, she shouldn't breastfeed b/c the ris of the crap in cigarettes passing through the breastmilk.  Re-evaluate your friendship overall before cutting her off.   Sounds like she needs an intelligent friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Sorry, but an "amazing mom" wouldn't selfishly put her health at risk by smoking.  I watched my own mom and several other family members suffer with and die of COPD and lung cancer caused by smoking.  It's not fun to  see your mom die at a much younger age than necessary, and it's a slow, painful process. 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Wow I so disagree with you.  I am a smoker and I have 4 beautiful children.  Never smoke in my home, they are never around it and I am an amazing mom.  Just because someone smokes does not mean they can't be a mother that is just stupid.

Quoting emmiesmommie422:

If she smoked during pregnancy and was going to smoke while nursing, it's all the better for her to not breastfeed. Look at it that way. I have broken 2 friendships over women who can't seem to quit smoking while pregnant. I was smoking 1 and half packs a day when I got pregnant with my daughter, the second I found out that I was pregnant was the second that I quit smoking. It has been 3 years and I have not smoked a single cigarette since. If I could do it, anybody can. Girls who say they just can't, need to just say they can't have babies.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't make me any less of an amazing mother to my kids. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, but an "amazing mom" wouldn't selfishly put her health at risk by smoking.  I watched my own mom and several other family members suffer with and die of COPD and lung cancer caused by smoking.  It's not fun to  see your mom die at a much younger age than necessary, and it's a slow, painful process. 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting emmiesmommie422:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Wow, judgemental much.  Just like the OP.  The family members did it to themselves, not to you so stay out of it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting emmiesmommie422:

907PickleMom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM
This.

Quoting stargaze281:

if you are afraid for your best friends baby then since you two are best friends then talk to her about it. But you need to understand that you can't control her. It is not nice of you that you refuse to give her your ds baby clothes when you told her you would. Just talk to your freind.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Sounds like the govt.  They wanna but in and run aspects of our lives.  Butt out. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I agree smoking is bad. But it was her choice as is not to breast feed.I think its a shame you are dumping her for these reasons.A friend is supposed to support another friend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN