Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM
20 moms liked this
It's really none of your fucking business and it's her body. For you to not want to be friends with someone just because they don't want to breastfeed kind of makes you a loon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baby7810
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

i have a friend sorta like that. smoked through pegnancy, baby born early, still smokes, child is 3 1/2 and has been to the ER for breathing treatments like 10x her entire 3 1/2 years due to broncitous and i'm thinkin she will have asthma but guess what!!!???? i'm still friends with her! 

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

Take a step back and think about it - for you to NOT want to be friends with someone simply because they don't want to breastfeed is petty and childish.  You're basically throwing a tantrum because they don't want to do what you want to do...or what you WANT them to do. 

Smoking is one thing, but the whole breastfeeding issue has NOTHING to do with you.  It is HER choice to do so and I don't think you really should be judging ANYONE for not breastfeeding. It is not the be all, end all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't breastfeed. Who cares? I have healthy adult children.
jcribb16
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
6 moms liked this

I agree the smoking would be a big issue for me with concern of the little one. I am one who was raised in a household of cigarette smokers, and now as an adult, suffer from asthma, chronic bronchitis, including my allergy cells that now don't protect me and I have to have asthma/allergy infusions every month.

The breastfeeding opposing formula is really her choice.  Maybe she couldn't handle it, or it hurt, or even possibly there wasn't enough time given for the baby to bond and adjust to it.

Before you decide to unfriend her, I believe it would be important to be there for her and the baby.  She may need you to talk to, help encourage her to stop smoking, and to help with the baby.  At least, if you help with babysitting, etc., the baby is away from the smoke at least for a little while. Every little bit away helps.  

If the baby starts having issues with asthma and bronchitis, etc., then perhaps you will be the one to help your friend see the importance of either backing off or quitting with the smoking, or adjust her smoking - maybe smoke outside on the porch or steps - just for the benefit of the baby.  My friend next door only smokes outside.  

You can do a lot of good for her and the baby.  I hope everything works out for the benefit of her baby.  Best wishes and good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
You sound like a controlling, judgemental troll
Kimberly0627
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Not your child. Grow up. Get over it.

JLo1486
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I would be glad to be rid of your childish ass. Good riddance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

None of your business. Shes either your friend and you support her or no. Cant have it both ways. Youv obviously never smoked

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

if you are afraid for your best friends baby then since you two are best friends then talk to her about it. But you need to understand that you can't control her. It is not nice of you that you refuse to give her your ds baby clothes when you told her you would. Just talk to your freind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)