Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

The smoking is ick, but I have no opinion on how others feed their babies.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I wouldn't judge her on the formula feeding, but the smoking thing, that ticks me off. I can't stand it when women smoke during pregnancy.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I understand why you don't want to be friends with her anymore. When somebody does something that goes against how you believe, it's hard to look at them the same way anymore. Even if they don't do anything to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM

this might not be her mircle baby, my husband was told from the time he was born by doctors he couldn't have babies because when he was a newborn he had 1 testile rupture and issues with the other being twisted and it almost ruptured,  so he only has 1 testicle.  He had a baby with his ex and he thought it was his mircle and wouldn't get to have another.  Ok I have gotten pregnant 3 times by this man and have 2 beautiful children by him and 1 angel, we lost our angel at 37 weeks due to cord issues.

I bet here in a year or so she will end up pregnant again thinking she couldn't.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Wow, are you serious?  I haven't read all the comments and nor do I intend to.  The smoking I can understand and I'm a smoker but to  not be friends with someone because the choose to not breastfeed, that's just childish and stupid.  You don't know why she chose not to and for you to judge her doesn't say much about the kind of person you are.  I'd be telling you good riddance........

connie45
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM
High risk of SIDS in smokers babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

She will be better off with out a judgemental friend like you! Jeez just becasue you are her friend does not mean she has to be your clone and parent the exact way you did. Its her baby her choice!

DanaG70
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Some friend you are........

lostosbourne
by Audi on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Wow that would be sad if my friend stopped being friends with me just cuz I wouldnt do what she wanted. To me thats not being a friend. Being a friend is you might not believe in everything they do or like it but you support them no matter what. To me thats what friendship is about. I bet she wouldnt stop being friends with you cuz you dont smoke and you breastfeed?? Think about what you posted and think about what it means to be a true friend. 

Shopsha0911
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

The smoking while pregnant I don't think is right either, I quit before I tried to get prenanat and never went back. Now the breast feeding is just a personal choice and some people just can't hadle it. I'm not sure I would trade my friendship for something of this nature. it's really hard but you might want to just take a step back and take some time to sort this out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)