Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (51-60):
stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

This. what???

Quoting 907PickleMom:

This.

Quoting stargaze281:

if you are afraid for your best friends baby then since you two are best friends then talk to her about it. But you need to understand that you can't control her. It is not nice of you that you refuse to give her your ds baby clothes when you told her you would. Just talk to your freind.

907PickleMom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I agree with what you said.

Quoting stargaze281:

This. what???

Quoting 907PickleMom:

This.

Quoting stargaze281:

if you are afraid for your best friends baby then since you two are best friends then talk to her about it. But you need to understand that you can't control her. It is not nice of you that you refuse to give her your ds baby clothes when you told her you would. Just talk to your freind.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

i'll tell yuo what i told you in mc

you suck as a friend

mbc324
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Who needs enemies with friends like you?? Get off your high horse & realize only in your own little world do people live the way you think they should. I agree with the smoking but I sure wouldnt let it end a friendship. I say she will benefit from that. Oh and who do you think you are expecting anyone to live the way you see fit. You sound very controlling....shes probably better off finding normal friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Friendship ended because you don't agree with her choices? You are not much of a friend then. Not giving her clothes that benefit a child, way to show her. My mother smoked with all her pregnancies except one. That one is the one with asthma.

beckolette
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

YOU GO GIRL!!! I agree totally. Only thing different "I" would do is tell her just what bugs me. 

Of course I am known to be VERY VERY outspoken and once I speak my piece I am willing to move on and live with it. I just need others to get what I feel about it. I also get myself in deep at times and hurt others with it. I DO APPOLIGIZE for hurting them, at the end of my rant. Most get it and like that I'm straight forward thinking. 

You should have a conver with her and ask why she quit BFeeding. There may be a medical or It just may have been 'Not her cup of Tea' after trying it out. At least she gave it a try. Who knows, she may have gotten a lot of negative support about it. She may have a job offer and that would have made me give up BF my 3. 

Look at the better side of the Bottle vs Breast thing. She won't be holding the baby close and smoking in his face. 

Smoking..... Ummm No not a great choice if she was so risky to get preg. Aaaa you stuck it out with her thru the 9 mths. Was it the last straw when she gave up the BF that you decided to walk away? 

I think talking to her and looking at it through her eyes would at least give you closure. The smoking may have been her sanity prop. She has step kids and it sounds like a "Great" supporting family, BUT that support may be too involved. 

Now that I'm done telling you how to move on, LOL I sure could use my own advice. Why is it we can see things for others and not ourselves. 

Good luck, I hope you can move on past this. Babies are a joy to be shared, and deep down I think you would love spending time with her little one. 

amy31308
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
You're a GREAT friend....

Not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
The only thing that would piss me off is her smoking. Breastfeeding or formula feeding doesn't bother me. I formula fed my girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherylam
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

judge much?  Try to make someone conform to what YOU think is right?  don't believe in free will??

lulu_tattoos
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I can't figure out which is worse for a baby... Formula or nicotine... Perhaps formula really is a better option in a situation where a mother refuses to quit smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)