Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (61-70):
nikkita311
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 AM

you can still be friends with her no matter what its her baby she breastfeed or formua feed , but i do agree she shoud not have smoked while pregnant or breastfeeding,you still could give her the clohes and be friens,

Bethsunshine
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Sounds like you'd be doing her a favor by staying out of her life. It is NONE of your business if she chooses to formula feed! The smoking thing, yeah, I can agree with you about that one but instead of just criticizing and judging her, why don't you just TALK to her about the risks of smoking around a baby?

EmmasMommy2011
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM

you are judgemental. I can understand the whole smoking issue but whether or not someone breastfeeds or formula  feeds is none of your business.

Bethsunshine
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I'm curious about something. You stayed friends with her the whole time she was pregnant and smoked, but now that she has decided not to breastfeed, you don't want to be friends anymore? Wow, what a great friend you are!!! ( insert sarcastic font)

moroccanmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Your friend sucks. She not only increased her child's from dying from sids.....she has no regard for her child's health.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM

It's none of your business. I swore up and down I would breastfeed and I did so in the hospital. When I got home I just couldn't. I had PPD, my nipples were sore, no matter how much I breastfed her she cried and cried so I gave up and gave her formula. Breastfeeding is freaking hard. I will try harder next time but who cares if someone else feeds their baby forumla or breast milk as long as the baby is being fed. 

You have no right to be pissed and I think she is better off without you if you would stop being friends with someone for something so petty. 

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Sooo...you're throwing away a friendship because she parents differently than you?

Actually I think you're doing her a favor by not being her friend anymore.  No one should have to put up with your behavior!   

AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM
My sis smoked through both her pregnancies and they were both premie.

My bestie smoked through hers and I got onto her for it.
She gave me such a bullshit excuse about her being stressed cause her husband travels for work and not trusting him....
Bitch STFU mine was in deployment during my pregnancy and I fucking managed and I didn't know if he was alive or dead!

We have been best friends since we were 2. We are always honest with one another even if its not what we think the other wants to hear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Worry about your own titties and whose sucking on them,  leave everyone else's alone!

aCafemomma
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

wow are you like 5 or somthing. grow up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)