Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!! PIOG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Find a new friend. One with a brain and a sense of humanity
LittlePistol87
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM

So much for friends like you. 

heninger09
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Her friend doesnt have alot of money, thats why she was breast feeding. Basically what shes saying is. Her friend was giving a sob stiry of her being broke so shes having everyone help her because of money issues. And now that she has the baby. She all of a sudden has money for formula!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I wouldn't want to be friends with someone so judgemental and rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatar
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I wouldn't be able to stand watching a human being put another person's life at risk more so a mother endangering her own child! 

jeanneme
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Sweetie, I'm an old mom and you are way to upset.  I agree with you.  What she is saying and what she is doing are two different things.  That should help you understand that she is not a keeper.  You don't want an inconsistent person for a friend.  She does have a miracle baby but she isn't treating him like one.  Smoking is so wrong is all areas (I'm on former smoker), I understand but, You can't MAKE her act like you WANT her to.  She will live her life and treat her baby as she wants.  Please relax, get yourself centered and BREATHE.  If you were simply venting...I AGREE.  If you are still angry by the time you read this...please BREATHE!  I say all of this with the greatest of affection and honor to you as a concerned mother.  Love your babies, do the best you can and maybe someone along the way will see that you LEAD by GOOD EXAMPLE.  My best,  Jeanne

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

I agree the smoking would be a big issue for me with concern of the little one. I am one who was raised in a household of cigarette smokers, and now as an adult, suffer from asthma, chronic bronchitis, including my allergy cells that now don't protect me and I have to have asthma/allergy infusions every month.

The breastfeeding opposing formula is really her choice.  Maybe she couldn't handle it, or it hurt, or even possibly there wasn't enough time given for the baby to bond and adjust to it.

Before you decide to unfriend her, I believe it would be important to be there for her and the baby.  She may need you to talk to, help encourage her to stop smoking, and to help with the baby.  At least, if you help with babysitting, etc., the baby is away from the smoke at least for a little while. Every little bit away helps.  

If the baby starts having issues with asthma and bronchitis, etc., then perhaps you will be the one to help your friend see the importance of either backing off or quitting with the smoking, or adjust her smoking - maybe smoke outside on the porch or steps - just for the benefit of the baby.  My friend next door only smokes outside.  

You can do a lot of good for her and the baby.  I hope everything works out for the benefit of her baby.  Best wishes and good luck!

I AGREE ?

Are you a True friend or not ?

A real friend does not just dump you, when you do not do things, her way ?

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

childofGod995
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Luke 6:37 ESV / 1,422 helpful votes

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

gavs4boys
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'd have to say you are being very selfish.  I agree that she should not have smoked nor should she still be BUT to be this mad and refuse to be her friend because she decided not to breastfeed is very childish.  You really don't deserve to be her friend.  I chose not to breastfeed 3 of my 4 kids, that DOES NOT make me a bad person.  You really need to step down off your soap box hun. 

gavs4boys
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM

LOL this made me giggle

Quoting Anonymous:

Worry about your own titties and whose sucking on them,  leave everyone else's alone!

its a boyVicky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)