Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you think John and Patsy Ramsey knew something more about JonBenet's murder?

Posted by   + Show Post

Latest JonBenet Ramsey News Makes Her Parents Look Worse Than Ever

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 28, 2013 

JonBenet RamseyThe death of beautiful 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was a tragedy that spread throughout the nation rather quickly. It's easy to see why. The little girl was precious, well-kept, and seemingly adored by her upper middle class family in Colorado. The case quickly became a national story.

In fact, it was always a private tragedy. Two parents -- John and Patsy Ramsey -- lost their beautiful baby girl. That would have been horrific and tragic enough on its own to last a lifetime. But then came the speculation.

John and Patsy weren't "acting" the way grieving parents should act. They weren't sad enough or cooperative enough or whatever enough. So much so that most people and the media began to suspect them, dragging their names through the mud in the process. Now, nearly two decades after that cold morning when JonBenet's body was found, it was revealed that a grand jury wanted to indict the Ramseys. But the DA said no.

According to the DA, there wasn't enough evidence. Because guess what? You actually need EVIDENCE to convict people.

The culture of convicting in the public arena isn't new. But it's highly disturbing. My heart breaks for the Ramseys who spent their lives (Patsy has since died) trying to stop people from thinking they murdered their own child.

Whether you think they did or didn't commit a crime isn't really the point. YOU are not the judge or jury. Just because you think you know something doesn't mean you do. Smart people know this. But most people aren't smart. And so they go with the mob mentality to hate and persecute and assume.

My heart goes out the Ramseys because they lost their daughter. No one should ever have to live through that. But then the lynch mob started in on them. The amount of hate and vitriol and judgement hurled their way over the years is sickening.

They weren't indicted for a reason. So let's try to remember that. Losing their child was a tragedy no parent should endure and, unless it has happened to you, you have no right to judge how someone SHOULD react. Let's have some respect for the law and assume that if there had been enough evidence, they would have been convicted. The end.

Do you think John and Patsy knew something more?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-13):
amazingj
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I don't think they commited the murder, but the way the behaved when they called the police, during interview,  strange things they said, there had to be something going on they knew about.  It was all too weird.  I can't help but think they may have some idea as to whom that mystery DNA belongs. 

littlelamb303
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I am unsure about this.  It seems there was some really sloppy police work going on as well.  The ramseys were very well off(more than upper middle class).  Someone that wrote that letter knew the exact amount of money he got in his christmas bonus too.  Just lots of unanswered questions and I seriously doubt that it will ever be solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hmmm yes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN