Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I don't get to be depressed???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I just had a baby and I've been extremely depressed lately (loss of apetite, no sleep, bad thoughts) and I said I worried sometimes I might have ppd, this chick said that since I've lost all of my baby weight super quick and I have a good husband I shouldn't get to complain.

How can I control how I feel? I know I'm lucky. I know my thoughts are irrational. I also know that sometimes my thoughts towards myself scare me, that I'm not eating,that I feel ugly and dirty almost violated. I thought she was kind of a b!tch.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM

PPD is so scary. I had it too. If you haven't had it, you just don't know how it is. I had all the same symptoms as you and they lasted about a month or two. PPD is serious, don't let some loser make you feel bad for something you can't help.

The husband and weight loss should not stop you from complaining. PPD sucks. Good luck Mama.

Sisteract
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your ObGyn

kagegirl
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

My DF is bipolar, and I have PPD. According to him, I am not allowed to be anything but eating butterflies and shitting rainbows happy. If I get depressed, I have to handle it myself or we are breaking up. It's total horseshit. Call your doctor. PPD is nothing to mess with., 

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

ppd can affect anyone. that woman can go screw herself

cherylam
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You seriously need to get in touch with community mental health, almost every county has one.  PPD is nothing to joke about, it 's serious and can be very bad if not treated.  Talk to someone who can help you explore why you feel this way, and can help you be lifted into a healthy mindframe.

merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I think this is why so many women don't seek help for it, because we're made to feel like we shouldn't complain. That we have a healthy baby we feel we should be blessed and happy, but that just doesn't happen sometimes. It's nothing we can help and it's not like you chose to feel that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
freemindbody
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I agree, go to the ob, and tell everything. Also, if you can, go for a walk outside, even if it's to the end of the driveway, the corner, just anything to get outdoors for a few minutes. Having a baby is exhausting and a whole new way of life. Try not to let those who don't understand make you feel worse.

pasteeater
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Tell that girl to shut up!  YOu should be seen by a doctor.  Just because your life "looks" perfect doesn't mean it is!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting freemindbody:

I agree, go to the ob, and tell everything. Also, if you can, go for a walk outside, even if it's to the end of the driveway, the corner, just anything to get outdoors for a few minutes. Having a baby is exhausting and a whole new way of life. Try not to let those who don't understand make you feel worse.

I'm going to the doctor next week.

imamomzilla
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your Dr. now....don't wait until next week.

hugsfeel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)