Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I don't get to be depressed???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just had a baby and I've been extremely depressed lately (loss of apetite, no sleep, bad thoughts) and I said I worried sometimes I might have ppd, this chick said that since I've lost all of my baby weight super quick and I have a good husband I shouldn't get to complain.

How can I control how I feel? I know I'm lucky. I know my thoughts are irrational. I also know that sometimes my thoughts towards myself scare me, that I'm not eating,that I feel ugly and dirty almost violated. I thought she was kind of a b!tch.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
mypocoyo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww hunny I know the feeling :-( My hormones went wacko since I started having children. Not only with ppd but I'm still suffering from anxiety and get depressed often. and my children are already 4 yrs and 19 months. This is something out of your control. Don't let someone make you feel bad about it. Just go get checked and get the help you need. I was on meds and they really helped. It's amazing what we as woman and our bodies have to go through. Keep your head up and know that there are brighter days ahead and that there is help out there!! Best if luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

She was being a "B". I had PPD too, and it is scary and sad and you cannot help it. 

See a doctor ASAP and hope you feel better soon! XO

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Quoting Leobaby2007:

She was being a "B". I had PPD too, and it is scary and sad and you cannot help it. 

See a doctor ASAP and hope you feel better soon! XO

You always give good answers, :) Thanks

kitty8199
by Nicole on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Call your Dr when they open tomorrow. Don't worry about that chick
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Ignore her and ask for help from your doctor. She speaks as a woman who has never had ppd. I have had it. Trust me talk to your doctor.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Oh let me add, because my dh is a pastor, I had people tell me I couldn't have ppd. I needed to pray more and appreciate the perfect life and husband I have etc etc. Uh pastors are people too and they aren't perfect. While my dh is a great man, he is not perfect and just because my dh is a pastor does not mean we are immune to problems or physical problems like PPD.  HUGS. That was many years ago now and time does fade it, but you will never forget and you will be so glad when yo do get past it. Hang in there and again ask for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Quoting Thelmama:

Oh let me add, because my dh is a pastor, I had people tell me I couldn't have ppd. I needed to pray more and appreciate the perfect life and husband I have etc etc. Uh pastors are people too and they aren't perfect. While my dh is a great man, he is not perfect and just because my dh is a pastor does not mean we are immune to problems or physical problems like PPD.  HUGS. That was many years ago now and time does fade it, but you will never forget and you will be so glad when yo do get past it. Hang in there and again ask for help.

Thanks. I talked to my husband abot it and he was very supportive. I go see my doctor soon.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

You are welcome. My dh was a great support to me through it all.  I am glad you have him and are getting help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks. I talked to my husband abot it and he was very supportive. I go see my doctor soon.

copperked
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:09 AM

It amazes me that people are still so ignorant about PPD. You do what you need to do to take care of yourself and get some help and let people like this eat their own feet.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell that chick to shove it, you don't control your hormones, which is what post partum depression is caused by.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)