• Wednesday, January 30, 2013
    • 4:30pm in CST
  • McDonald's 1055 Sherrylynn Blvd, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
  • Here is the post that started it all: http://www.myhusbandateallmyicecream.com/2013/01/help-craigslist-kyle-be-kid.html

PLEASE READ ALL THE DETAILS:

Please invite your friends to this event!

Our goal is to raise $500 to help him and his Dad get by for a bit, and then to secure him with a job so that he doesn't have to go the dangerous route of soliciting side jobs from strangers on craigslist.

On Wednesday 1/30 at 4:30 PM CST, I've arranged to meet him for a 'job interview' for work I need done. While we are there, I'm going to present him with the money we've raised, and I'm hoping, by then, to have heard back from a few local places that would offer a job interview to him.

I'd like as many people to be there as possible, so that he can see what a great kid he is for trying to step up to the plate to help his Dad out in their time of need, even though he should be worrying about just being a kid right now.

The Flash Mob part of this requires no dancing. After I'm done talking to him for a bit, and after he's done eating, I'm going to clue him in to the fact that I actually don't have any work for him, but that I am proud of him, and tell him that lots of people are very proud of him. At that point, everyone there for the flash mob can give him a round of applause, and come up and tell them how incredible of a kid he is.