Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sesame Place advice needed

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Best amusements NJ-PA areas (Knoebels is our family fave!)

Options:

Knoebels

Dorney Park

Wildwood Boardwalk

Hershey Park

Sesame Place

Six Flags GA

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

Hi all,  first time since they have opened (took my little brother) that I've been.  I'm planning my granddaughter's first trip.  Totally excited to see how much its grown and how much more there is to do.  But even though our family has mastered all 5 kingdoms down in Orlando, I must admit, as a Type A personality it is a bit nerve racking visiting a new place.  I also want to get the most bang for my buck!

Any advice on how to plan the day would be wonderful.  So here it goes:  Can you bring food and leave the park and eat at the car or a picnic area then re-enter the park?

Seems there is a wet park and dry park.  Can anyone tell me if it is like Dorney where it is two parks in one? 

Also, we are only 45 mins away so no need to stay over night.  Is it manageable to do the whole park in one day?  We plan to attend in July when the days are the longest.

Lastly,  how much can a 4 year old do there?  Will there be rides she can not go on yet?  Does anyone recall some of the attractions that a 4 year old may not be able to enjoy?

Bonus info would be any NJ area moms that have suggestions for another great trip.  I am planning one for each summer month (June-Aug).  I have Storybook Land planned for June, Sesame Place for July and need one last great day trip for August.  Suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks, God bless!

-Nonijen

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Welcome to the group! I live in MI and have not been to any of these. But here is a bump!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I haven't been to Sesame Place in some time, but I CAN tell you that it is both a wet and dry park and there is only one admission to pay.  It's also a really great place to take young kids, so your 4 year old granchild will have tons of things to do.  You can always go on the website and take a look at each ride, which also has the height/age requirements.

How about also going someplace like Dutch Wonderland, which is perfect for young kids too.

LuLuRex
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hi I have been to 4 of the places on your list Knoebles, Six Flags, Sesame Place, and Wildwood boardwalk.

Sesame Place is amazing for a 4 year old and actually 4 is probably the perfect age. My kids are 4 and 1 and we've been going every summer since my oldest was 18 months. There is a wet and dry park but it's all in the same park. A 4 year old can do plenty of things to fill up the entire day and yes you can do everything in one day. They have rides as well as shows and a really cool parade. We've always bought lunch there but I do remember seeing people bring in coolers. 

I went to Knoebels for the first time this past summer and it was a lot of fun. We went with a couple families and stayed in the cabins. My son was 3 at the time and there was a lot to do. We were there 3 days and did the water stuff one day, the amusement stuff the other days. Knoebles had plenty of rides for a 4 year old but a lot for older kids too. We had such a good time, we plan on going there every summer.

Six Flags- I went there all the time in high school, but haven't taken my kids there yet for the rides. We have done the safari and they loved that. I know that Six Flags has kid stuff but it seems like my mommy friends who go have older kids than I do. 

Wildwood- I haven't been to the boardwalk there in a long time since we always did day trips to Seaside or Point Pleasant instead. I'm not sure what Wildwood has for kids but Point Pleasant is planning to be ready for summer and they have cute rides for kids and the aquarium is on the boardwalk too. Seaside got hit really hard from Sandy and while the kids rides were great, I think they will only have very limited things opened this summer.

We had a great time at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia. It's great for kids of all ages and the Philadelphia Zoo is right next to it

I hope that helps :)

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I don't know anything about that place but if you go to the NJ moms group lulu linked you to they could probably help. :)

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Just an FYI Sesame Place is a Water Park and only has I think 3 rides that aren't water attractions just so you know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN