Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

So the next time I complain about my house being too small...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to re-read this article about families living in tiny houses and remind myself that it's not that I don't have enough space, it's that I have too much stuff! :P

How big is your house? Do you think you could live in a home that was 500 square feet or 300 square feet or even less? Feel free to post pics too!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM

No..I couldn't..with two people with adhd in the house..not a chance. Lol. 

ForeverInLove
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I live in a 14x70ft trailer and I feel CRAMPED! We aren't moving for a while though, as I'm hoping the tiny conditions can help us to maintain a lesser amount of stuff. We have a storage unit with more in it, lol. Stuff that we won't get rid of, and things I need to go through for our rummage sale in May.

meam4444
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM

If I had to, I would make it work.

ambermarie2006
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Our house is 5200 sq ft, and much too big. I think we have way too much junk though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spitfire06
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I have
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Oh noooo. Im way too claustrophobic and I need my space.

burch731
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
There are 10 of us & we are busting at the seams in our 2300 sq foot home so there is NO way we could live in anything smaller.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would love nothing more than to simplify my life to a point where the material things were not so important. The smallest house I have ever lived in was 895 sq ft with two kids. I LOVED it... still, to date, my favorite house we have lived in. My last house was almost 3000 square feet and while I liked it, and it was beautiful, it didn't feel cozy or lived in.

I think it would be a challenge at first, but absolutely... I could live in a house that small. Especially if it meant the majority of my time was spent in the outdoors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

7 years ago when we moved from one state to another and didn't have the money to rent a place long distance, we lived in three tents for 3 weeks and a small basement apartment for a month, until we got our house. I could do it again if I didn't have the kids staying with us. Since the chances of that are slim and none and slim just left......

SalemWitchChild
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I've seen these micro houses. If it was just myself yeah I'd totally downsize. I don't think my whole family could though.

However I did try to convince DH to buy an RV and live in that for awhile. My idea was to stay in one, drive around looking for work until we found the right jobs/town to live in. Then find a place to stay. He wouldn't go for it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)