Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

So the next time I complain about my house being too small...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to re-read this article about families living in tiny houses and remind myself that it's not that I don't have enough space, it's that I have too much stuff! :P

How big is your house? Do you think you could live in a home that was 500 square feet or 300 square feet or even less? Feel free to post pics too!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
sashamom03
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
That is too small to me, but It really depends on how furniture is arranged and the colors for decorating. It could really be a happy home. We lived in a house that was 1208 sqft. It had 2 bdrm 1 bthrm. And 1 great room. The yard was beautiful and huge. 13 full grown trees, but the job in the fall was not fun. Now we live in a 2200 sqft home. A large yard, but 2 trees only. I love it!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM

No, we are a family of 5 living in 1300 and it is becoming too small.  Can't wait to move somewhere a bit bigger with more closets! 

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I see that a lot of people around here are buying these buildings and making homes out of them because its a lot cheaper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
This sums it up lol

Quoting Mommy4two:

Could I, if I absolutely had to I'm sure it'd be a roof over my head... would I go insane and possibly commit murder that's a good possibility lol... 

weaveress

We could probably do this, if I threw away a bunch of my crap. We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with 5 people. we've lived in smaller houses than the one we have now. 

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

we used to live in a house that was 550 square feet (when my dd was born)  we then moved into a house that was 850 square feet but had tons of storage so we got lots of stuff to go with the lots of space in the bigger place, then we upgraded to a house that was 950 square feet, but it had no storage so we started purging stuff.  We could do it, maybe not comfortably since we have a computer with a computer desk but we could certainly do it.

Crazy-Steph
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I suppose we could, if we had to.  I don't think we would enjoy it, though.  LOL

afwife2005
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM

We could if we had to....we have a 1300 sqft house and its big enough for us...

audreesmama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
We would not die. We could live in a house that small, but we would not like it unless there's a ton of outdoor space and always mil weather. Our house is 2800 sq ft and there's Dh and I and our two kids, one dog and a fish tank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We kinda did for a summer. Ds and I were in a 1br, 550 sq ft apartment when dh and I got married. He was sharing a 2br 800 sq ft apartment with his sister just a few doors down. We couldn't get out of our leases so for the summer we mostly lived in our 550 sf place, but we still utilized the other apartment in the mornings because dh worked late so I let him sleep in every morning. I don't think we could ever do that again, though--ds is waaay too active and there would be nowhere to just be alone when you are upset/overwhelmed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)