Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

So do vaccines cause autism or not?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 25 Replies

I've heard they don't, so what's the big deal with people thinking they do?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

No.  Look how many millions get vaccines and no autism.  Also look how many see signs before the MMR. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I think the only way a vaccine causes autism is if there is an underlining condition. as the PP said, there are a lot of people vaccinated and not everybody has autism.

Also, people say that the rates have increased a lot since there are more vaccines given now; however, IMO the reason we see more cases is because before they were hidden, remember back in the day having someone in the family with a physical or mental condition was a social burden so people hid them, they were al shipped to homes and never spoken of, same with down syndrom.

suziejax
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I am unsure

Marimaru
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

There was a guy who released research saying that vaccines cause autism, so that's where people think they do.  He has since been debunked, and even rescinded on his research saying it was fake.  But for whatever reason people want to insist that they still do.

midjet117
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

i dont think they do

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
No genetics cause autism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Autism is a listed side effect on the DTaP vaccine. I'm sure if there is absolutely no correlation it wouldn't be on there right?
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We do not vaccinate but our reasons have zero to do with autism because I do not believe that vaccines CAUSE autism. I do, however, believe that some kids are predisposed to autism and the toxic over load, in the form of vaccines, triggers it.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No.  Look how many millions get vaccines and no autism.  Also look how many see signs before the MMR. 

I personally believe that vaccines do not CAUSE autism, however, just because millions of kids aren't effected by vaccines, does not mean that some aren't. This would be like saying that cigerettes don't cause cancer because look at the millions of smokers who do not have cancer. Anecdotal evidence does not work.

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

There was a study done by a doctor that showed a correlation between childhood vaccines and autism. While the study was retracted and false, people still believe there is a link though it cannot be scientifically proven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)