Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Someone please explain...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Why is it not ok for a teacher/school official to give your child a tylenol without your consent but it's ok for them to take your child to get a medical prodedure done without your consent?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
happinessforyou
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I guess you are referring to an abortion?

I have never heard of an specific student being taken to an abortion clinic by the school staff, having a "medical procedure" and then being returned to school. All without parental consent or knowledge.

Is this one of those "urban myth" things? Or is it a fear tactic used by pro-lifers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM
As long as it's necessary & they are given the correct dose...I wouldn't care if my kids' teachers gave them tylenol when they need it. I would like a note from them though, so I know the reason behind it and so I know what time it was given in case my child needs more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM
"Take your child to get a medical procedure done"

Lmfao.
ambertreas76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I'd like to know why it's okay (in Illinois) for schools to give anti-anxiety meds to elementary school kids without parental consent.  As far as a medical procedure... God help a school if they take my child to have something done without my consent... unless, of course, it is something that could save my child's life during an emergency.

imamomzilla
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I'd be livid!

artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Life threatening situation / emergency, no problem other than that... law suit coming their way

And I'm not a sue happy person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)