Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Any vegans or vegetarians out their??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm sad because I want to be vegan so bad (for the animals sake) but my body just can't handle it right now :(. Ive been getting gastritis so bad from beans, soy the only thing thats protien that I dont have a problem with is nuts. Medicine doesnt help at this point and I am going to get a colonoscopy in about a week and a half. But I feel like I have no choice to eat chicken because  need protien and I can't just get it from fish because im breast feeding. Ugh I feel bad about it.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
There is TONS of good food that has protien!

And you know fish is an animal too right? No different from chicken
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Is there any reason that you can't just be vegetarian?  You don't have to be full-on vegan if you think your body cannot handle it.  

You can still eat almonds (including almond milk which is a great soy alternative,  I personally eat little soy in my diet), lentils, nuts, flax, wheat, spirulina, parmasean cheese, tofu, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese...

Personally,  I think people assume that they need way more protein than they really do.  The recommended amount for women per day is only 46grams.  I avoid soy products and manage 80.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

your baby is more important than any animal!!!Eat normal food so the baby doesn't suffer from malnutrition. wait until your done BF.ing to get silly and go vegan. those ppl don't look healthy and they are weird. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Your body is talking to you. Listen to it. Don't be stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)