Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

tell me not to get insecure

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Alright. In a long distance relationship. decided during a friends deployment we were going to be together. He's home but not close. So when he PCSs later this year I'm moving. I have nothing keeping me here. He is the sweetest man I've ever met. Great guy.
We've talked about marriage, he's willing to adopt my dd.
Always taking, texting, or Skype.
We were talking today and he said he wanted to get me pregnant. I hesitated. Said timing was bad. He said he wanted multiples. I was like hell no.
We talked, then he said he's not sure he's ready for a bunch of kids. I reminded him he was the one bringing it up.

I asked if my dd was making him change his mind. He said "not really.
I don't know".

He has been honest about things. He never tells me what I want to hear.
He tells me the truth, even of I don't want to hear it, so I'm taking him at his word of "not really".

That isn't a "no" though.

I've fallen hard. I'm meeting his mom soon. He's taking me to meet her. I'm scared bc of my past.

Help me not be insecure.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connie45
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Proceed with caution.  At this point in his flip flopping attitude, I wouldn't believe anything until it happens.   

Its not being insecure - it's being smart.  Guard yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
He got off the phone right after so I couldn't really talk.

Quoting connie45:

Proceed with caution.  At this point in his flip flopping attitude, I wouldn't believe anything until it happens.   

Its not being insecure - it's being smart.  Guard yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
A did talk last night again. Not about that but he acted like he always does. Talking about our future.
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I wouldn't go running to get married or get pregnant any time soon. Take it a little slower. You don't know if he's changed since coming home either. Being deployed changes people, it takes getting used to being home and being around family and friends again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Oh man, I thought the sane thing once, marriage blah blah blah. We were committed ... Well turns out I was the only committed . He was only gone 6 weeks. In that time he managed to sleep with 4 women... I was so stupid for falling so hard for him. So I'm just saying take it slow when he gets home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I already told him no babies until I'm married.
He said he wants to go slow, but marriage is in the future

Quoting EvilAsh:

I wouldn't go running to get married or get pregnant any time soon. Take it a little slower. You don't know if he's changed since coming home either. Being deployed changes people, it takes getting used to being home and being around family and friends again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
He's home already.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh man, I thought the sane thing once, marriage blah blah blah. We were committed ... Well turns out I was the only committed . He was only gone 6 weeks. In that time he managed to sleep with 4 women... I was so stupid for falling so hard for him. So I'm just saying take it slow when he gets home.
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Stick to your guns! At least until you're sure you want to spend your life with him! I know it might seem like an amazing idea for now, but it might not in a couple of months, it also might be the start of an amazing life, just make sure you know for sure what you want before making decisions =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvilAsh:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Then take it slow. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

He's home already.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I've just never felt like this. I'm scared. Maybe bc we started as friends my feelings weren't lust ya know so they're genuine

Quoting EvilAsh:

Stick to your guns! At least until you're sure you want to spend your life with him! I know it might seem like an amazing idea for now, but it might not in a couple of months, it also might be the start of an amazing life, just make sure you know for sure what you want before making decisions =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvilAsh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN