Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

does anyone use vapor cigs?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just started them and they seem to be really nice; they come in strenght from 24 all the way to 0 so i think if you wanted you could reduce the level of nioctine in them and stop smoking that way. Has anyone ever tried that before? Thats my goal. to quit smoking by Dec 31st. Oh i hope i can do it!

btw i am new! so hi!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
imamomzilla
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hi,

My hubby is an ex-smoker...but he did the patch.

That's a tough habit to kick. Good luck!

fingers crossed

GOBryan
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My aunt started using them because she either had to stop smoking or die basically. She is pretty much a chain smoker forever so she switched to those. Between her heart problem and her Parkinsons.. she had no other choice, however, she I've seen her with those nasty real cigs from time to time. 

2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Hubby quit smoking cold turkey 2 1/2 yrs ago.  He went from 2 packs of cigs a day, to nothing!  He threw away all our lighters, matches, ashtrays, etc.  He just decided he didn't want to smoke anymore, due to us having a child and him not wanting to smoke around her.

If you are determined enough to quit, you can do it any way you want...cold turkey, patch, gum, meds, etc.  But a year to quit smoking?  Doesn't sound to me like you are ready to quit, though. 

Also...I heard the vapor cigs are worse for you than regular cigs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Hi welcome. My S/O has been using the smokeless cig for well over a month now.

Ednarooni160
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Hey..this is "wonderful"..GOOD LUCK!!!

way to go

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My husband got an e-cig system last month and has been using it. He really likes it and is also planning to step down off the nicotine gradually with that system to help him quit. I think it'll work because for him smoking is as much about the habit of putting something in his mouth at certain times as it is an addiction to nicotine. Good luck with your smoking cessation goal, too! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

There isn't any study to my knowledge that supports the claim that ecigs are worse for you than real cigs. In fact, because you aren't sucking smoke into your lungs or blowing smoke out around others, they're generally believed to be better for you (Note: BETTER for you, still not GOOD for you) and others around you than real cigs. Also, they contain significantly fewer chemicals and nicotine than do real cigs and do actually help people to quit smoking for far less than the cost of patches or gums and without the horrendous side effects of cessation meds. And while it's wonderful your husband was able to successfully quit cold turkey, that method doesn't work for everyone.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Hubby quit smoking cold turkey 2 1/2 yrs ago.  He went from 2 packs of cigs a day, to nothing!  He threw away all our lighters, matches, ashtrays, etc.  He just decided he didn't want to smoke anymore, due to us having a child and him not wanting to smoke around her.

If you are determined enough to quit, you can do it any way you want...cold turkey, patch, gum, meds, etc.  But a year to quit smoking?  Doesn't sound to me like you are ready to quit, though. 

2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It isn't the smoke, it is the liquid nicotine that these contain that is bad for you.  More concentrated, and nicotine is a drug.  Easier to become addicted.

Quoting Anonymous:

There isn't any study to my knowledge that supports the claim that ecigs are worse for you than real cigs. In fact, because you aren't sucking smoke into your lungs or blowing smoke out around others, they're generally believed to be better for you (Note: BETTER for you, still not GOOD for you) and others around you than real cigs. Also, they contain significantly fewer chemicals and nicotine than do real cigs and do actually help people to quit smoking for far less than the cost of patches or gums and without the horrendous side effects of cessation meds. And while it's wonderful your husband was able to successfully quit cold turkey, that method doesn't work for everyone.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)