Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Convicted Killer Says He Shot 3 White Women Because of------------------

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Convicted Killer Says He Shot 3 White Women Because of Ideas Learned at University: ‘In Terms of Slavery, It Was Something That Had to Be Answered For’

Nkosi Thandiwe Says He Shot 3 Women Because of Anti White Ideas He Learned at University Anthropology Class | Georgia

This undated picture provided by the Fulton County Jail shows Nkosi Thandiwe. Thandiwe, 22, was taken into custody and charged with one count of murder and two counts of aggravated assault Friday, July 15, 2011 after three women were shot in a parking deck in Atlanta’s midtown business district. (Photo: AP)

Former security guard Nkosi Thandiwe was found guilty of murdering a woman and wounding two others during a shooting spree in July of 2011 and has been sentenced to life without parole, CBS Atlanta reports.

He confessed to the crimes during his testimony last week, adding some chilling details about his motivation. And prosecutors argued that Thandiwe was fueled by racist hate against whites.

“My mind was blank at the time,” he said — but he still remembers what prompted the violence by his own twisted rationale.  He cited anti-white ideas he learned at university.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has all the information:

During his testimony Wednesday, Thandiwe suggested that his reason for even purchasing the gun he used in the shootings was to enforce beliefs he’d developed about white people during his later years as an anthropology major at the University of West Georgia.

“I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Titana
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow....ok all I can say is he got what he deserves. ANY form of racism (dont care who it is against) is wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I agree - you would think by now people would have learned not to be so racist, but they are.  I won't allow anyone to make racist remarks in front of me.  If they don't like it too bad.  No one is better than anyone else.

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Crazy people will find any rational to murder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM
What an idiot. Slavery has been over for so long. Move on. Not murder.
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quoting Ednarooni160:

Convicted Killer Says He Shot 3 White Women Because of Ideas Learned at University: ‘In Terms of Slavery, It Was Something That Had to Be Answered For’

During his testimony Wednesday, Thandiwe suggested that his reason for even purchasing the gun he used in the shootings was to enforce beliefs he’d developed about white people during his later years as an anthropology major at the University of West Georgia.

“I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

He said the night before the shooting, he attended a so-called “Peace Party” intended to address his concerns about helping the black community find equal footing, but two white people were there.

“I was upset,” Thandiwe said. “I was still upset Friday. I took the gun to work because I was still upset from Thursday night.”

He even admitted to earlier that day getting angry enough on the job to shoot his supervisor.

“What my boss said to me …,” he told the jury, “that rage almost made me pull out my gun on him.”

(source)

Anthropology Program Objectives

Goal 1:  Provide instruction in anthropology that contributes to general education and a strong liberal arts core curriculum and increases students’ global awareness.

Goal 2:  Provide a curriculum for anthropology majors that emphasizes rigor across subdisciplines, promotes experiential learning, and prepares undergraduate students to be productive members of society, strong candidates for graduate programs, and successful candidates for entry in a wide variety of employment fields.

Goal 3:  Encourage and participate in original anthropological research and other professional activities that enhance instruction and advance knowledge through sponsored projects, interdisciplinary activities, consulting, and publication.

Goal 4:  Engage in technical, professional, and scholarly services through collaboration with other departments, institutions, agencies, and enterprises to serve regional needs through the application of anthropological knowledge in an effort to spare unnecessary costs, increase effectiveness, and advance the welfare of the people of Georgia.

Goal 5:  Enrich the quality of student life through extracurricular anthropological activities that support and complement the academic program.

(Amended 9-07)

Anthropology Program Learning Outcomes

Students completing the B.A. degree with a major in Anthropology should be able:

1. to utilize the scientific method to reinforce learning and develop critical thinking skills to foster academic independence;
  2. to develop a solid base of anthropological knowledge;
  3. to appreciate the diversity of cultural practices through time and space;
  4. to develop oral and written communication skills; and
  5. to apply anthropological knowledge through research in anthropology.

Majoring in Anthropology at the University of West Georgia

Special Opportunities for the Anthropology Majors at the University of West Georgia:

• Develop exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
  • Seminar style instruction in small classes taught by highly skilled faculty.
  • Discover and explore cultural diversity, locally and globally.
  • Learn about human origins and cultural evolution.
  • Participate in Archaeology, Ethnography, and Physical Anthropology field schools.
  • Carry out original research projects under faculty supervision.
  • Apply for our prestigious Waring Scholarships.
  • Assist with projects at the Waring Archaeological Laboratory.
  • Attend special lectures and meet prominent Anthropologists from across the world.
  • Join the West Georgia Anthropology Society and enjoy social events as well as educational field trips.
  • Prepare to enter the work force after graduation or go to graduate school.

Anthropology is a classic example of an undergraduate liberal arts major, combining fascinating coursework and practical career training in one academic package. More than 300 colleges and universities in the U.S., including the University of West Georgia, offer a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology. Anthropology students are encouraged to see the world holistically, as the sum of its biological, social, and cultural parts. Holism – an eye toward the all-encompassing “Big Picture” –is what distinguishes anthropology from more technical and specialized fields that view the world through much narrower lens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Sounds like he was brainwashed by stupid liberals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN