Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Going homicidal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

We own A gun and plan to get more. Yes, including "assault riffles". No, I do not plan to go nuts and shooting out random people. Guns is just an interest I have, and I am a very paranoid mother. I have nightmares because I'm terrefied of someone breaking in at night BECAUSE I do live in the Chicago area, and not one day passes without violence. I am aware I could "just move" but we can't afford that for possibly another year, and everyone will always run the risk of getting their home broken in to no matter how secure it is.. I hope this right NEVER gets taken from us

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Yeah, terrified as I am of guns I hope it's not taken away either. It's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. Should we take knives away too? Or all the chemicals we use every day that with the right knowledge can be turned into bombs? I don't know what the problem is behind all this violence, but I hope it stops.
Reina13
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

The velociraptor in the meme reminds me of Jurassic Park. I know that is completely off topic, but it  made me smile because my son has just seen that movie for the first time and is now obsessed with dinosaurs.  :)

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound unstable.
bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I don't think they'll ever take away the right to own guns, just restrict the kinds of guns and ammo that are available easily through retailers. However, they seem to miss out on the fact that CRIMINALS are, by definition, people who break the law, so gun control laws won't have any effect at all on those people. It could possibly prevent school shootings and the like, though, to make it far more difficult for mentally ill individuals to get their hands on highpowered weapons.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM
We just bought our 20 year old an AR-15 for Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

im not even gonna

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound unstable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

i think it's a good idea in the way that if a criminal is caught with a firearm they could get more jail time BUT i dont want to feel unsafe in my own home and not have anything to protect myself with, it is just some guns but they are trying to push it and ban ALL

Quoting bamababe1975:

I don't think they'll ever take away the right to own guns, just restrict the kinds of guns and ammo that are available easily through retailers. However, they seem to miss out on the fact that CRIMINALS are, by definition, people who break the law, so gun control laws won't have any effect at all on those people. It could possibly prevent school shootings and the like, though, to make it far more difficult for mentally ill individuals to get their hands on highpowered weapons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

that has to be one very lucky and happy 20 year old !

Quoting marchantmom06:

We just bought our 20 year old an AR-15 for Christmas.

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yes that right should never be taken away!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

im scared of them but only if im the one it's being pointed at.. unfortunately ifsomeone breaks in, thats beyond my control but i feel safer knowing i have one to aim back

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, terrified as I am of guns I hope it's not taken away either. It's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. Should we take knives away too? Or all the chemicals we use every day that with the right knowledge can be turned into bombs? I don't know what the problem is behind all this violence, but I hope it stops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN