Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

No Effing Respect (Vent PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

One of our old aquaintences starts calling our phone at 3am - Waking me up. We ignore the calls and the texts. Then at 3:30am my door bell starts ringing off the hook. Woke me, dh and ds up. We ignore the first few rings, hoping whoever was there would just leave. Then after the 4th time I went down stairs to the door to see who it was - we figured it was the same person calling us - and it was. And he was high off his ass i think it was dust (thats why we cut him out of our lives - for being adust head) but im not sure, It was def something powerful enough to make him not think straight at all!! I blasted him, hes lucky i didnt hit him and call the cops.

It was snowing and he had no where to go and asked to stay till day break. OH HELL NO!! not my fault you decided to stay out in a snow storm and get high, then had no where to go - walk to a fucking mc donalds or dunkin donuts and sit there - dont disturb me and my family! ugh i wanted to fucking kill him. And this is the exact reason we stopped associating with his ass over 6 years ago!! Like seriously, how in the hell did you think it was a "good idea" to pull that shit and wake up a whole house hold.. and then think i would let you step foot inside my home! you must be out your damn mind.

Its such a shame to see people you knew and were friends with at one point deterioate, and waste away, lost to a life of drugs. We tried to help him at first before the baby was born, but he didnt want the help and it kept biting us in the ass every time. So we were left with the only option to cut him out of our lives. I do not need that shit around my kid. And pulling a stunt like last night, i wanted to just call the cops and get him locked up.

I mean i did feel bad to a degree. I part of me wanted to let him in out of the cold, but i have a family to worry about. If you are not in your right mind enough to think straight - to think it was a good idea to wake up people that havent spoken to you in a few years - at 3 am thinking it was cool, and that we would let you just hang out in our home - i cant trust you in my house.

idk - just frustrated and exhausted. Had to be out the door for work at 6am - and couldnt go back to sleep till 5. He wont do a rehab or meetings.. thats the only way i would be willing to help him - i woul dbe happy to try and get him in a nice facility to detox. But as far as letting him in my house with my kid, cracked out of his mind - not happening. 

Me and dh will open our home to any one of our friends, that need the help (we have our friends staying with us now, she lost her job and her apartment. She has a new job but needs a little time to save up ) but i cant allow a drug addict in my house and around my child. Anything can happen.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
midjet117
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe you should have called the cops then. maybe they would have made him go to jail then give him a choice, get clean or do jailtime

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Sorry you had to go through that, but you did the right thing!

Reina13
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

You definitely did the right thing for your family by turning him away. You shouldnt ever feel bad for doing what is right for your family and child.
Im sorry your day started out on a negative note.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I totally agree with this. Hope the rest of the day goes better! ((HUGS))

Quoting Reina13:

You definitely did the right thing for your family by turning him away. You shouldnt ever feel bad for doing what is right for your family and child.
Im sorry your day started out on a negative note.

LancesMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Hugs, its hard dealing with an addictive friend. Unfortunately they have to have there fail, in order to move forward.

I would (in the future) if it happens again, call the police. He will for one not come back to your house, if he continues to do drugs. Or two, wake up!

You did the right thing. He doesn't need to be around your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)