Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Finally made my own site! {brag post} PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am soooo happy! I've been wanting to make my own website for years, and now I finally have a real reason to! I am posting my crochet work there and I have my own store to use PayPal to buy my stuff etc... It's awesome! Only problem right now is that I don't yet have my own domain name, so it's completely free right now, which means I can only have up to 5 items in my store at a time right now. Kind of sucks, but it's a start and it's getting the word spread around a bit more than it was before. I also got to order some business cards so I can list my website on them now, too. All I had to pay was $6 for the shipping from vistaprint. I think 250 cards will last a while lol.

I'd post the link to my website, but I'm not sure if it would be against the rules.... so if someone could inform me that'd be great because I'd also love to get some tips on how to make my site more appealing and how to get the word spread through advertising, as free as possible for right now.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no rule that says you could NOT post your website. Heck I see people use them as their personal siggies daily. Good luck. I'd love to take a look.

lostosbourne
by Audi on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Actually thats not true because I posted a link to mine and I got a letter from CM saying they removed my post and to not post it again. It was for my photography website. I dont sell anything. Its just to look at my work, 

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no rule that says you could NOT post your website. Heck I see people use them as their personal siggies daily. Good luck. I'd love to take a look.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? I see selling siggies all the time...Humm wonder why some get away with it while others CM removes their post/siggies.. *Shrugs* There is a group called Classified on here. You ARE allowed to advertise in there. I know that for a FACT, because my friend does it on here daily =) Thanks for the heads up Mama.

Heres the link to the group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116737

Quoting lostosbourne:

Actually thats not true because I posted a link to mine and I got a letter from CM saying they removed my post and to not post it again. It was for my photography website. I dont sell anything. Its just to look at my work, 

Quoting Anonymous:

TigressLily
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, since you're anon, if you want to PM me I can give you the link if you want to look =D

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? I see selling siggies all the time...Humm wonder why some get away with it while others CM removes their post/siggies.. *Shrugs* There is a group called Classified on here. You ARE allowed to advertise in there. I know that for a FACT, because my friend does it on here daily =) Thanks for the heads up Mama.

Quoting lostosbourne:

Quoting Anonymous:

1Trixie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Will do dear! I didn't realise I was posting Anon =) Old age lol

Quoting TigressLily:

Well, since you're anon, if you want to PM me I can give you the link if you want to look =D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lostosbourne:

Quoting Anonymous:

IluvHandmade
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM

HI TigressLily,

I have been selling online for several years and  own many domain names, started on a shoestring. I might be able to help you get started online with a domaim name.

It sounds like you have already done the hard part.

email me at shirley@handmade4babies.com

lostosbourne
by Audi on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Yeah I often wondered that as well. You're welcome and thank you for the link. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lostosbourne:

Quoting Anonymous:

wedding tickers

Audi aka LostOsbourne

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Not sure what or how you do it but I'd like to visit your site cause I love to crochet too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)