Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm getting a 6k tax refund y'all!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

And every cent of it is going into our mm account.  We're buying a house this year every cent is going towards the down payment.  DH makes a six-figure salary and refund is larger this year because of education and energy credits.  What are you doing with yours?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM
We owe. Never a refund.
storkradio193
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I'm still waiting for a corrected w-2.

You might want to adjust your withholdings for this year.  6K is a big loan to IRS (even half that or less is still a rather large chunch of change) unless you would rather the IRS hold your money like a savings account.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

We took a 5k energy credit this year and an education credit....unfortunately neither are affected by the number exemptions we have.  We usually get very little in the way of a refund, and this year was an exception.  There was no way to predict this and it was not affected by the exemptions at all.  Credits are different than deductions.

Quoting storkradio193:

You might want to adjust your withholdings for this year.  6K is a big loan to IRS (even half that or less is still a rather large chunch of change) unless you would rather the IRS hold your money like a savings account.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Wow that's nice, we owe loads every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Lucky you! Congrats.

We're doing some home improvements. New carpet. :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Shoot. That's what I got last year. This year I'm getting 8k
IluvHandmade
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

WOW.havent seen a refund in years. I'm  always paying..hahaha

loisl25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM

We're getting 9,200! :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

we're getting 10, 757......paying off one credit card. the rest will be in the bank for all my trips this summer.

storkradio193
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Makes sense, as you have a couple of one-time credits.  It just surprises me how many people overpay the irs every year and get a big refund.  I'd rather have my money in the first place, if possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

We took a 5k energy credit this year and an education credit....unfortunately neither are affected by the number exemptions we have.  We usually get very little in the way of a refund, and this year was an exception.  There was no way to predict this and it was not affected by the exemptions at all.  Credits are different than deductions.

Quoting storkradio193:

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)