Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you know what catagory this falls under??(medical)

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: which one do you think it should say positive in? This is not an addiciton issue at all!!!

Options:

codine

opiates morphine

hydrocodone

hydromorphone

none of these

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

I take percocet on a twice to three times a day basis due to chronic health issues and my test came out negative so I was wonder which catagory it should have come out to in the tox screen...

Thanks for your positive response

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I think Percocet is like hydrocodone.............not positive cause I've never taken it but I do take hydrocodone among other things.  Have you checked on webmd?

mom2priceboys
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM

yeah, going there now thanks the problen is it is oxycodone and that is different than hydrocodone I think. What I have read online had too much contridiction - even more confusing!!

Quoting Texascandee:

I think Percocet is like hydrocodone.............not positive cause I've never taken it but I do take hydrocodone among other things.  Have you checked on webmd?

kidkrazyinAK
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM

percoset is oxycodone and tylenol...it is an opiate.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

It is an opiate, and is slight stronger than hydrocodone... both are addictive and have a high potential for abuse.  I am surprised your tests came out negative for opiates considering the regularity with which you take them. 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Huh...I would think all those would be lumped together under opiates, not separated into different categories.   Anyway, I would definitely expect Percocet to show up as an opiate.

mom2priceboys
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I know this is confusing to me also. However from what I read online it often does not show up as an opiate as it does not metabolize as morphine so it often does not show up. However, the Dr now thinks I am selling my pills which I am not!!!!!

Quoting GertieK:

It is an opiate, and is slight stronger than hydrocodone... both are addictive and have a high potential for abuse.  I am surprised your tests came out negative for opiates considering the regularity with which you take them. 

mom2priceboys
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM

2 months later and I got some better results - once again nder a Dr test I took my pills then a few hours later peed in a bottle - and once again, I tested negative for opiates - so....percs do not show up as opiates and the Dr had to eat a little crow!! I did feel vindicated!!! Thank you for your replies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)