Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Can you REALLY not tell me the pest control guy is coming today?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ugh! We rent my parent's guest house from them, (we'll be moving hopefully in a few months into our own house). Whenever Mom has the pest control people spray her house, she has them come here too. NEVER does she warn me ahead of time that they are coming. I was JUST at her house last night too, and did she mention, "Oh, hey Jennie, the bug guy is going to be there tomorrow!"? Nope. So, I'm here in my pj's, uncombed hair, trying to do laundry while the baby naps, the dog is running around the house loose, and the house is a WRECK. I'm sick. I've been trying to keep up with the house chores, but haven't totally been able to. Today is the first day I feel half way human. Yesterday I was just WIPED OUT. I felt like I was going to die. I was just about to write a will, (ok, joking, half way, anyhow).

So, I'm going into the (older) kids room to get their laundry and the dog is following me, but he's standing right in front of the (sleeping) baby's room and starts barking. I then threaten his life before realizing he's barking because someone's at the door. I go to the door and it's the bug guy. Really, I don't like all those chemicals in my home anyway, and wouldn't have them in my house, but this is not really my house, since we rent it from my parents, so I don't complain about it. I try to answer the door, hoping their not taking my terroristic threat at my dog seriously, but can't really let them in because the dog is still barking at them, so I leave them standing there to go put the dog up.

I tell them the baby is sleeping so they have to avoid her room, plus they already can't do outside because it's raining. So, really, what's the point anyway? If I'd known they were coming I would have tried to do some damage control to the mess in the living room and I would be dressed and have the dog put up. Not to mention, I'd have the baby ready to go so we could make ourselves scarce while they spray. I don't like her breathing those chemicals. *sigh* a warning would have been nice.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
loisl25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

BUMP!

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM

i wouldn't have let them in. your mil needs to give you at least 24 hour notice before anyone comes over. and i would tell her that to.

loisl25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yeah. Good point. Last time I was in the bath when they came!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i wouldn't have let them in. your mil needs to give you at least 24 hour notice before anyone comes over. and i would tell her that to.

celestegood
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I would gripe at her. If you are renting the house you have the right to notice that they will be coming over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM

remember, just bc its family youre renting from, doesn't mean they don't have to follow state renters laws. 

Quoting loisl25:

Yeah. Good point. Last time I was in the bath when they came!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My guy comes every month for an outside spray- I do not know ahead of time which day. If she is on routine service, she might not know the exact day either.

My guy would not come if it were raining-

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Mine comes every other month.  We are on a regular service contract, but the office calls me a few days before that they are coming on such-n-such day.  The service technichine calls me the night before to give me a time to expect him(usually a two hour window, but he is almost always here in the first 30 minutes of it)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)