Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

You know you are a parent when......

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I had a lol moment tonight.  One of our 7 month-olds has been constipated for a few days and tonight he started to poop.  You would have thought he won the Nobel Peace Prize.  We know we are parents when.....you are excited about poop.

Your turn.  You know you are a parent when.....

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (121-130):
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You know you are a mom when you clap watching your child put on shoes for the first time. Only a mom could get excited about something so small

frstldyhmsch
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM

When you get that feeling of happiness when someone else is holding your and baby cries when you leave the room.

KatieKramer94
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

when you do all sorts of ridiculous, retarded things to get your baby to laugh at you lol!!!

BeAmour
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When there is nothing better, picking them up from daycare and they are arms wide open, screaming, "MOMMY!!!" and you get the biggest hug!

Twowildboys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM

lol that sounds like me when I was potty training my oldest. The child was the hardest one I had to potty break. I would put him on the potty and the kid would go to the bathroom not even five minute later on my treadmill grrr. The first time he used the potty I call all the Fam and told them lol. I was more exicited then them lmbo they thought I was nuts.

bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM

yep i remember those days when poop was nasty and eww no one talk about that and now with my two its like a daily convo...lol

Templeoftrust
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

You know your a mom when you open your pursue at work and a toy falls out on the floor or every time you look for the t.v. remote its inside the garbage or in the kitchen cabinet.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

NannyElin
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

before i even became a mother i did this.... i had watched kids enough to know when they are done with gum you take it right away... or it will end up in your hair.

I even stuck my hand out to take gum from an 18 year old out of habit... lol

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Lol or generally anything that comes out of their mouths.  I almost never have anything handy to put those kinds of things in lol.  Or the unexpected throw up, you lung to catch it.  Once my friend told me that my child stated to poop after she had moved the diaper away and since she hadn't unfolded her reaction was to just catch it. LMAO being a mom is pretty gross most of the time.

Quoting my4kidsrock2:

Your child trieds a new food and doesn't like it but there are no napkins around so you let him spit it out in your hand and you carry it to the trash.....lol

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

When you and DH are out to dinner by yourselves (huh, what is that, lol) and you reach over and start cutting up his food in small pieces, lol.

I was going to the bathroom with my sick 15 month old in my lap.

I was sick along with the baby.  I caught his throw up in my hand, had him on my hip while throwing up in the toilet.

You can understand your child clear as day but other people can not.

XandersMomma07
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You know your a mom of a new potty trainer where no matter what store you know where each bathroom is and which one is closest to you at all times, when your baby starts babbling and you know exactally what they want/need

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)