Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know you are a parent when......

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I had a lol moment tonight.  One of our 7 month-olds has been constipated for a few days and tonight he started to poop.  You would have thought he won the Nobel Peace Prize.  We know we are parents when.....you are excited about poop.

Your turn.  You know you are a parent when.....

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (311-320):
GaleJ
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:31 AM

...you know you're a mom and that you are not allowed to retire when your twenty-two-year old EMT son still wakes you when he comes in from a late shift...not because he's being loud or noisy but because you are still his mom and somehow even asleep you are still tuned in to him...lol.

Nightowl789
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
When you look forward to going to work just to be able to have adult conversations
mom22boys333
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

When your "Calgon" moment includes a 4yr old and a 1 yr old.......I haven't bathed or pottied alone in 4 years :)

ericahager2005
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Or you find out someone learned to crawl & climb because they made it out of their crib into the bathroom in that time of 5 min shower............

Quoting SarahsAMommy:

you lay the baby down and RUN to the bathroom for a quick 5 min shower with the door open. And when you get out, you feel like you've never had a better shower before!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You know you're a mom when...

The stuff in your purse has been replaced with crayons, crackers, little toys etc - Or your purse itself has just been replaced with a diaper bag

You use kiddie words or sing-song voices when talking to other adults

When the songs stuck in your head are from sprout instead of the radio ('1 2 3 4 monsters walking out the door...' is most often for me)

When you're walking through the grocery store enjoying your "me" time cause daddy's got the baby, but your boobs start gushing anyway because someone else's baby is fussing

When you adapt a "dont ask dont tell" policy for the random smudges on your clothes and are perfectly ok with that

When you're in a room all by yourself and still have caillou on the tv (hey, or if you know how to pronounce caillou)

ericahager2005
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
The first time you are peed on, pooped on or puked on.
ericahager2005
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
When ds was a newborn we were in sears purchasing a new stove I wandered 2 depts over to the baby dept while ex hubby and my dad paid for stove...ds wanted a bottle so I fed him and burped him......a little too well, because ds then proceeds to burp and fart so loudly and stinkily (is that a word) everyone turns around and glares at my ex hubby thinking it was him......would it be wrong to smirk or giggle I was thinking to myself, just as my ex bellows loudly and proudly, "that's my boy!" Needless to say every male in the store laughed and all the females rolled their eyes....sigh the memories lol.
ericahager2005
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I should note ds has major digestive issues.........

Quoting ericahager2005:

When ds was a newborn we were in sears purchasing a new stove I wandered 2 depts over to the baby dept while ex hubby and my dad paid for stove...ds wanted a bottle so I fed him and burped him......a little too well, because ds then proceeds to burp and fart so loudly and stinkily (is that a word) everyone turns around and glares at my ex hubby thinking it was him......would it be wrong to smirk or giggle I was thinking to myself, just as my ex bellows loudly and proudly, "that's my boy!" Needless to say every male in the store laughed and all the females rolled their eyes....sigh the memories lol.

BeanieBlue
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting gonecrazi:

When you get so tired of hearing Mom, you threaten to change your name to something that they are not allowed to say.

hahahahaha!!! I've done this!!  I used to tell them I was changing my name to 'Bitch'. lol

Now that they're 25 and 26, they call me Bitch and then grin like hell!!

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

When you are in the store all by yourself and you hear a kid call out for their mom...you instinctively turn around to see what your kid wants. It's really funny when two or three of us women in an aisle do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)