Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Dad Plays Cruel 'Candy' Prank on Son & No One Is Laughing But Him (VIDEO) Do you think this 'prank' is funny at all?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

Dad Plays Cruel 'Candy' Prank on Son & No One Is Laughing But Him (VIDEO)

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on February 7, 2013 

boyWe've seen a lot of funny pranks parents play on their kids thanks to YouTube sending them viral. Usually, we all get a good laugh and applaud the parents for not taking things too seriously. But there's a line between having some fun with your kid and laughing with them and being horrifically cruel and laughing at them. The dad in this following video crosses the line into the latter BIG time.

In the video, which has just recently gone viral, the Brazilian father gives his son what's supposed to be a candy egg (a Kinder Surprise Egg). Only instead, he's replaced the candy one with a real, raw egg. The boy repeatedly tries to bite into it as his father encourages him to keep going, filming all the while. When he finally does crack it with his teeth, the egg spills out all over him, and the boy is left with egg literally on his face. He's in tears while all the adults in the room laugh hysterically.

It's such a mean thing to do, not to mention the risk of Salmonella poisoning from having raw eggs in his mouth. But that poor boy was humiliated. He's way too young to be subjected to that kind of treatment, and what kind of dad thinks that's funny? It was cruel, plain and simple, and it makes me furious that this boy was treated this way.

To make it even worse, the dad gives everyone in the room some "air time" at the end of the video. He pans the faces, because he knew this shit would probably go viral ... and he was right. But just because it goes viral doesn't mean it's funny or right, and this dad should be ashamed that he used him like this for his own personal amusement. His son maybe laughing at the end, but that doesn't mean he's not still crying inside.

Watch for yourself and see if you disagree.

Do you think this 'prank' is funny at all?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Harmless. We ate cake batter with raw eggs and never got sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I feel bad for the little boy, he was so embaressed.
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Um, that's not cool.  And not because of the salmonella poisoning thing which is a joke in and of itself.  I eat raw cookie dough all the time.  As long as the egg was somewhat fresh and not past expiration, it's fine.

Connie04
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I know that as soon as my child started crying like that, I would stop laughing.  The kid obviously felt really bad and didn't find it very funny.  However, they are shown laughing and all buddy-buddy at the end of the video.  Strange, but with the language barrier, we don't know what they are saying.

ARMYWife624
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Obviously he's fine. His feelings were hurt, yes but he's laughing in the end. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Horrifically cruel? No.

Salmonella? Depends on how the chickens were kept.

Silly and memorable? Yes.

gigis1
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM

not nice at all, i hate when parents do mean bully things like this, he better have given him a big ass piece of chocolate afterwards

sherry132
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Jeez, the author of this article would never make it in this house! I didn't find the video overly funny, certainly not cruel, and most kids cry for a minute when they figure out they've been had. 

There are so many things in the world to worry about. A dad tricking his kid is hardly worth the time. 

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
The little boy was laughing and playing too at the end. I see no harm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I think it's kind of mean to play a prank like that on such a young kid. Embarrassing him like that. It would have been funny among adults, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN