Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

advice pls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

i have to IUD but lately like 2 weeks my breast have been really sensitive and hurting.. it has never happened before anyone else have this problem or may knw why they are like this

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I had Mirena and it was the worst thing I ever did. Best thing? Get it out. It caused WAY TOO MANY problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM

what do u use as birth control?

momsince04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I never had problems with it, I had it for 5 yrs and loved it. It just maybe your hormones, when did you get it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

its almost going to be a yr

ambertreas76
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I'd like to preface my comment with 'Every woman is different'...

I had the Mirena for less than a year.  For the first 2 months I was on cloud 9.  I felt great.  Then the madness started.  It threw my hormones COMPLETELY off.  I started getting ovarian cysts. I was bleeding very very irregularly.  I got it removed after having it for 6 months.  When they went to remove it, they found I needed minor cervical surgery because it healed over (which IS NOT supposed to happen).

It's been over 2 years.  I have had multiple chemical pregnancies.  I have secondary infertility because my hormones are not producing properly.  I feel pregnant for most of the month because my body will not produce progesterone properly.  I have recurrent ovarian cysts and vaginal cysts.  All because of the Mirena.  I am currently working with a homeopathic doc (for the past 6 months or so) to get my hormones back on track with herbs and supplements.  I am hoping it works because it has been devistating to continually lose pregnancies.  We'd really like a #3.  I've had to work through almost 2 years of depression from feeling inadaquate due to the infertility.  But, my hormones are finally starting to level out and the symptoms are getting less and less.

If I were you, I would get it removed as soon as possible.  I wish I would have done my homework and saw all of the class action suits against Mirena, Paraguard, etc.

Like I said though... EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT.  Some women have no problems and others have lots of lasting issues.

lisajo76
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM
This

Quoting EvilAsh:

I had Mirena and it was the worst thing I ever did. Best thing? Get it out. It caused WAY TOO MANY problems.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN