Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the hell would a guy talk about marriage and children, plan to take me to meet his entire family (plane ticket is already bought, so still going), be in constant contact then all of a sudden ask if I'd hate him of we didn't work. I asked if he was having second thoughts. He said he isn't having second thoughts, but that to me is a second thought. He said he isn't sure of he's ready to get married now.

Like he asked me about what ring I want, in December. and said "let's make a baby" the day before he said he isn't sure if he's ready. He started all this. I didn't bring up marriage, he did.

He is divorced, and super super stressed at work, and just found out medical issues.

Conversation isn't as frequent, but still talking. what do I do?

He told me it was just a passing thought but his behavior changed.

My friend says cancel the trip and end it, another said give him space.

What do I do

After this conversation, our communication went back to almost normal.
He's not doing his normal activities that have nothing to do with me. He mentioned that last night. Told me it was 4 days since he did, which was about when this stared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Replies (31-33):
LaLa2005
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM

What kind of medical issues? You need to decide what you want and willing to deal with. Don't be dependant on what his answers are, if you love him and truly want to marry him remember its for better or for worse.

kitty8199
by Nicole on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I know. I fully believe the better or worse part. I'm not wanting to put his medical out in public.
It was a sudden change, and had suddenly seemingly went back to normal.
I'm gonna see if our vacation helps and have another talk.

Quoting LaLa2005:

What kind of medical issues? You need to decide what you want and willing to deal with. Don't be dependant on what his answers are, if you love him and truly want to marry him remember its for better or for worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikadi
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I hope so too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)