Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how did you discover you were preggers?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 24 Replies

For me this last time I had been biting my husbands head off for a couple weeks. Then I was having some mild cramping here and there and i realized my period was late by a couple days. I said whatever it will come soon. Then I kept getting hot flashes and end up randomly drenched in sweat. So i was like Im 7 days late now so I bought a test and to my surpise it came out postive.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM

The first time, I started suspecting it when I couldn't stand the smell, taste or thought of chocolate.  With #2 I knew as soon as I got sick smelling popcorn and dizzy on an elevator.  With #3, I was extremely watchful and knew before my test even came back + due to other (physical) symptoms and charting my temps.

Quoting pinkyj619:

For me this last time I had been biting my husbands head off for a couple weeks. Then I was having some mild cramping here and there and i realized my period was late by a couple days. I said whatever it will come soon. Then I kept getting hot flashes and end up randomly drenched in sweat. So i was like Im 7 days late now so I bought a test and to my surpise it came out postive.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

With #1, I was always exhausted and sick every morning at 3am, like clockwork, sick enough suddenly to make me bolt out of bed for the bathroom. With #2, I felt totally drained again and the smell of my husband's cologne made me insanely nauseous.

Reina13
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Congratulations!!

With my first, I was a week late and I knew. My cycle was like clockwork so when it was late, I knew.

With my second, the smell of breakfast sausage sent me running to the bathroom...lol I love breakfast sausage so that reaction pretty much sealed it for me.

With my third, I had NO IDEA until I went to the doctor or something unrelated and he told me...lol

JenniferP96
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't know until I saw something moving under my skin! I was 29 weeks along. Apparently after 9 years of trying, we got prego 2 weeks before dd was born, whom we adopted at birth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

The smell of fried food made me sick..Took the test and it was positive.

Melissa_anne
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I had a miscarriage in February and didn't get my period which is sometimes normal after having a miscarriage,  So i didn't think anything of it. my stomach was feeling gross all the time (not queasy) for a few months and so i went to the dr. and she thought i had acid reflux and then two weeks later i went back and told her i still felt like crap, she did a pregnancy test and i was pregnant, 3 1/2 months pregnant, but pregnant

Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, we were trying. It was the first month. I was 12 DPO and I wanted to test so badly, but I knew it was early and didn't want to dash my hopes. I got up for work and all day I felt...strange. No pregnancy symptoms, but I felt like I had a secret inside me that no one else knew.

On a hunch, I stopped at Target and picked up 4 different kinds of HPTs, 2 name brand, 2 generic. The Dollar Tree was next door so I ran in there to buy a few $1 tests as well. I figured of I wasn't pregnant this month, and what were the odds- we'd JUST started trying and I was over 30- 31 years and 5 months old lol- then I would eventually use all of the tests. i figured it might take us a year or longer!

I went home- hubby wasn't home from work. I opened several of the tests, and peed on all of the sticks, laid them out on power towels on my bathroom counter and washed my hands. They were shaking. I looked at the sticks. ALL THEM WERE SHOWING VERY DISTINCT DOUBLE LINES! I was pregnant! Woo hoo!

It was December 2, 2006. Happiest day of my life. I called my husband. He was on his way home from work and I could barely contain my excitement. I told him the news and he was so overjoyed, he had to pull the car over to the side of the road! 

I then called my mom, who said she had been waiting so long for me to someday call her with such good news. She didn't think I'd ever take the plunge.

Our son is 5 and a half now, and even though we decided before we married we likely only wanted one child, we were so overjoyed to be pregnant. It was like were the only couple who ever conceived a child before. It was ridiculous! :-)

kitty8199
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I just knew. I had a feeling. Tested and yep. Both times. Miscarried the first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

We were trying to concieve so I was taking a test weekly

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I'm sorry :( Miscarrages are so hard...one of my friends went through one and it tore her apart

Quoting kitty8199:

I just knew. I had a feeling. Tested and yep. Both times. Miscarried the first

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN