Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

'Fresh and Sexy' Wipes Are Raising Eyebrows Because of Their Naughty Little Ads -What do you think of this ad campaign?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

'Fresh and Sexy' Wipes Are Raising Eyebrows Because of Their Naughty Little Ads

Posted by April Daniels Hussar on February 9, 2013 

Playtex sex wipesPlaytex has a new line of sex wipes and, yes, your eyes do not deceive you. They have a message for you, and it might make you blush: "A clean beaver always finds more wood."

Um ... say whaaaa?

That's just one example of a new ad campaign for the "Fresh and Sexy" wipes, which will retail for $5.99 to $7.99, depending on whether you want a pack of single-use "on the go" wipes or a big tub "for the nightstand."

The product was designed "to help couples feel confidently clean every time they engage in sexual activity," according to the press release, and Platex wanted their ad campaign to be "fun and playful and bold." Well, it's certainly bold!

While I am actually a fan of good puns, I totally get the idea of sex wipes, and I can see how they'd definitely come in handy stashed away for those moments when you're too lazy/satiated to jump out of bed right AFTER .... I'm not a fan of their effort to make us feel, well, too dirty to get some!

In case you thought the beaver joke couldn't be topped, another one of their ads proclaims, "A clean peach always gets picked."

Playtex ad

SERIOUSLY? If I've learned one thing from all my health reporting and writing, it's that every gynecologist will tell you over-cleansing "down there" is not only unnecessary but not good for you either! You have to maintain a delicate pH balance, girls, and there's no need to go all crazy with the cleaning supplies.

At least the campaign is equal opportunity: next to an image of a doorknob, an ad says: "A polished knob always gets more turns." In another ad, a sprightly woodpecker hovers near the words, "A clean pecker always taps it." Yeeesh.

Playtex sex wipes

Alcohol-free and hypoallergenic, they do sound pretty  refreshing, with "natural botanical" ingredients like cranberry, chamomile, and aloe. And they're flushable, which is handy.

But for reals, if someone is TOO DIRTY TO HAVE SEX, a wipe probably isn't going to do the trick. A good old-fashioned shower might be needed!

And for the rest of the time? A refreshing wipe for after the fact may really hit the ... spot (HA! GET IT?!). But there's no need to start worrying that you’re not clean enough to get "picked."

Have you ever tried a "sex wipe"? What do you think of this ad campaign?

Images via FreshandSexy.com

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kitty8199
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on where these ads are. If kids can see, it's a bit much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Havent tried them and  I agree with the above poster.If kids see it and its suggestive then its too much

mommysangelface
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm over here laughing my ass off!!!!!

The phrases they are using are funny

But I hope kids don't see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Just makes me glad my last name is no longer Beaver.
gonecrazi
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM

They are clever...but not if kids will see them.

imamomzilla
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

HAHAHA. Clever play on words.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM
The ads seem disgusting but the wipes are a good idea. Unscented baby wipes are cheaper and come in hypoallergenic. We've used them since we got married. A new product isn't necessary but it's a money making tactic. Sex sells...
Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Lol!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Just makes me glad my last name is no longer Beaver.

Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Ummm...I'm not a fan of these slogans at all. However, I am a fan of staying "fresh" down there- daily showers and bubble baths are part of my routine. Also, I've always been told to urinate before and after sex to avoid UTIs, so I am always going to get up before and after sex anyway, no matter what, and I agree about the baby wipes- as someone mentioned- less expensive and does the trick just as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN