Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

quit twisting my words

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a friend who likes to twist my words to get a different meaning and make it sound worse.
Like my other post where my bf said he wasn't sure if he was ready for marriage. He said those exact words. "I wonder of I'm ready for this" (but has seemed to return to normal since)
Now when she brings it up its "he said he can't deal with your child" bc she's in her terrible 2s and her tantrums aren't helping this. He has expressed frustration with it but never said he couldn't deal with her. He wants to adopt her.
But a screaming child IS frustrating. Even to me and I'm her mom.

So she has been talking shit on him,saying she doesn't like him anymore. He's too wishy woshy. (Like it isn't normal to get nervous about marriage)

She likes to post things on fb directed to people. Today she posted a meme saying "stop making excuses for him, you can't put flowers in an asshole and call it a vase" with the caption haha

She said I'm just making excuses for his nervousness bc he's young, two deployments, divorced, and had lost a child all in the past 2 years so I understand he's nervous.

He said he didn't want out, so I'm taking his word on that. He stopped being distant and us back to his old self.
She said he's gonna break it off, but just doesn't wasn't to hurt me but he's on his way out the door. She's never even spoken to him.

I'm stating to not want to discuss things with her. She twists everything. Then goes and tells my business to her friend and they've 3 way called me to tell me how I'm wrong, they're right before (were in our 30s her friend is almost 50).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't sound much like a friend to me.  She also could be jealous.  i would stop telling her my business .  Friends may give advice but they don't blab other peoples thoughts on the internet or anywhere else.  Friends are supportive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Are you the same girl that her dd's father is in jail and his gf is in drugs and your dd's graqndma wants to take your kid on the weekends away?

if you are the same girl, you should stop and think about your life and who surrounds you bcs everybody around you is a bad influence.

you should think about moving to another state and leave your old life behind you and start from zero

gigis1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

tell the bitch to mind her own life and stop bringing yours down.. Ive had friends like that but stopped talking to them

HelloSweetie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Time for a new friend

jcribb16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I would definitely be wary of what I said to her from here on out.

imamomzilla
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Although, the "vase" meme was funny. LOL

GL

kitty8199
by Nicole on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM
His mom wanted to take her out of town for her first Christmas.
But I haven't spoken to her in over a year.

I'm trying to find a way out. Trust me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you the same girl that her dd's father is in jail and his gf is in drugs and your dd's graqndma wants to take your kid on the weekends away?

if you are the same girl, you should stop and think about your life and who surrounds you bcs everybody around you is a bad influence.

you should think about moving to another state and leave your old life behind you and start from zero

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinakinakins
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
She's a little TOO into your business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Nicole on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Except he's not an asshole lol

Quoting imamomzilla:

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Although, the "vase" meme was funny. LOL

GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)