Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Just went to a Baby Shower - fun games to share

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I must admit, I'm not much of a game player at parties. But these games were fun and everyone seemed to enjoy them.

Guess the baby food - the hostess doled out 18 different jars of pureed baby food, put a dollop on our plates, and we had to guess what it was. Sounds easy, it wasn't!! Most of us were wrong!

The Price is Right - she bought quite an assortment of items for the mom-to-be, some from Ebay, some new, some drug-store baby type things, and everyone had to guess the price. All the items were gifts for our pregnant friend. Could be kept fairly inexpensive, she was quite generous!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funhappymom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I wouldn't do the baby food one-we don't do purees, blech but the other one sounds fun.

My sister's mil did one at her shower with a tray of baby type stuff on it and my sister walked around with it then she had my sister take the tray and herself to another room and we had to guess what my sister was wearing. That was pretty fun too.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

Reina13
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM

OH how fun! I love showers.

One of the games we played at my friends shower, was also a tray game. There were 30 baby items on the tray and you had 30 seconds to look at the tray. The tray was taken out of the room, you then had 1 minute to write down as many items from the tray that you remembered. It was so funny because so many people wrote down things that weren't even on the tray..lol

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I don't really like the shower games but lots of others do and those are definitely different than the usual guess the belly girth and things like that. :)

RiotPixie
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I went to a baby shower a few years ago. One game they played was they melted some candies into diapers (like poop) and you had to guess the candy. Lol. Gross but amusing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I did a good one for my sister! (Wedding though) I had my hubby put on an old trench coat and a pair of shorts.... nothing else. Inside I hung a lot of items for a new couple. Of course no one could remember anything as he came out and "flashed" them. It was so funny!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN