Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

my parents beat my little brother

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my 17 year old brother came home from school yesterday with a girl my parents didnt even know he was dating, shes the 16 year old gothic "loner" of my brothers school (you remember those kids from high school right) so my parents we're a little taken aback when he brought her home. so anyway to why they beat him, he told them he needed to talk to them and told them to sit in the living room with this girl (he called her kitty *shudder* kinda creepy) as they are in the living room i walk in the house so he tells me to sit with them, then he sits with the girl, he looks his gf(again we didnt even know he was dating) and she looked terrified. my parents say "what is this about, if your not going to say anything then why tell us to sit here" my brother just looks at them and says "just hang on, jesus, im trying to think of the right words" kitty looks at him again, and my brother says "i dont think theres any other way to say this...but kittys pregnant...." my parents blow up screaming at him saying things like "your a fucking idiot!" "you just ruined your life" and then they turned on kitty saying "what the fuck is wrong with you?!" "werent you on birth control" "is this kid even his?!" kitty just looks and says "yeah i was on birth control, and yeah its his since he's my first boyfriend iv ever had" my parents turn back to my brother and say "how long have you 2 been dating and how far a long is she?" my brother says "for a year and a half...and shes 12 weeks" my dad stands up and says "kitty leave, i dont want you in this house, and i hope you go and get an abortion because i will not let my son around someone who is only going to hold him back" kitty looks at my brother and walks out the front door, and thats when my parents flip on him even more my dad shoves him yelling at him and they start fist fighting, after the fight stopped my brother went up stairs packed his bag, walked back down stairs and says "by the way dad i already have a job to support MY kid,and kitty has one also." he starts walking toward the door "OH and one more thing, me and kitty are graduating early so dont expect me to come back because you think we cant do it" and he left, we havent seen or heard from him since last night and i dont think we ever will again......

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (21-28):
momamanda
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I hope he and this girl can do it! sounds like him and the baby(and the girl) need to stay away from your parents anyway!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quoting momamanda:

I hope he and this girl can do it! sounds like him and the baby(and the girl) need to stay away from your parents anyway!

they seem to be doing pretty good, i talked to my brothers friend and said that they have gone to advanced classes to try to graduate before the baby is born and that they are buying an apartment in a month, she already has a car and her parents have been helping with big things(like co signing for the apartment, car seat,and stroller). and the school doesnt know shes pregnant yet idk whats going to happen with that though

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, Your parents sound really understanding. The baby is coming,now you just get ready for it. I've never understood parents that freak out. I do understand being disappointed, but not getting angry and acting like a fool.

3lilladies81
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM
That's awful :( your poor brother :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Debrowsky
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Ya, I don't think parents should freak out like that either when something doesn't go the way they hoped it would.   I hate seeing families divide and shut each other out.  It's so unncessary.  Her parents are taking a more loving and sensible approach.  I hope that they make a good go of being parents for this baby and that someday there might be some reconciling between them and your parents too.  It's sad.  your parents have now missed out on the graduation of their son and quite possibly an involvement of their grandchild. 

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

my dad stands up and says "kitty leave, i dont want you in this house, and i hope you go and get an abortion because i will not let my son around someone who is only going to hold him back"

Sorry your Dad is a stupid fuckwit.

Do you want sympathy or advice?

If you want my sympathy, you have it.

If you want my advice, then while your brother is still at school you can find him, even if that means hanging around the school exit gate at the end of the school day.   Write him a letter.  Tell him you love him, that you accept and want to support him, give him your email address and ask for his.   Let him know that you're on his side in this, and ask him what he'd like you to do.  And don't forget to support Kitty as well - goths need hugs too. :-)

2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Wow, I will say prayers.  It will be tough on them, starting out so young, but they can do it if they are really in love and determined.  

Good luck!!  I hope your parents calm down some and change their mind, and I hope you do hear from your brother soon.

Serenity7
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Your brother leaving was the best thing he did. For his baby and girlfriend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN