Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is this rude????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Invite a group of ladies to your home. You have a driveway that is steep going downward to the house. Lots of icy patches, and the front walk was a solid sheet of ice. This was in the dark last night. We called to get in the garage and not even attempt the walk after walking down the scary driveway. The driveway was bad enough. Would you have salted some????? I do if I am having people over.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Our driveway is only very slightly hilly, we don't even consier it, because it's so slight. But the way our house is set, there are a full set of steps up to the little deck at the side door. There are 5-6 wide steps to the path leading to the steps at the front door. But the back of the house has a double door walk out. We don't shovel the side or front, only to the back. That way nobody will have to go on snowy, icy steps outside. If anyone falls on our property, it's our problem with our insurance.

I think it is rude if someone doesn't prepare for company.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Maybe not rude, just thoughtless.
Debrowsky
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Ya, a bit more thoughtless than rude.  We gotta do what we can, if we can afford to. 

Marimaru
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I don't think people think to salt their driveways much.  I lived in a snowy place when I was a kid and it wasn't something anyone did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I don't in general except an area from the garage to the grass so I don't kill myself getting my dog to the grass, or snow. If someone is coming, I do and salt my front steps.

Quoting Marimaru:

I don't think people think to salt their driveways much.  I lived in a snowy place when I was a kid and it wasn't something anyone did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Marimaru:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I would have shoveled so it didn't get that bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
We had a ton of rain that froze and her driveway slopes to the house

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Oh. Well in that case, yes I would have salted.

Quoting Anonymous:

We had a ton of rain that froze and her driveway slopes to the house

Quoting Anonymous:

2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I would have put salt down.  But also, if I had been invited and there were icy conditions, I would have probably passed.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)