Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Birthday parties

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
Do you do separate ones for family and friends for your kids?

I usually do a combined family one for my oldest and my twins cause their birthdays are very close together. This year my son is in kindergarten and I'm sure he is going to want to have a friend party. Then I realized how much it is going to cost to have two parties. We usually spend a few hundred on the big party. Then I'm going to have to spend another 100-150 for a friend party. Would it be wrong to have a few friends over during his family party?

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nathans_mom0612
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Don't live by family so no, never had family parties. If we did, we would do separate ones or just do friends ones, not family ones.
Nathans_mom0612
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

Nathans_mom0612
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

BUMP!

momamanda
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I would just do one party, invite the friends and have it for both! I've been to parties like this when there is more than 1 birthday kid. I didn't know until I got there so I did not feel obligated to get 2 gifts. My sister and I have boy exactly 1 year apart and every couple years they share a party. It saves us money since half of the friends there they share then they invite a few from school. This year we are doing a double chuckee cheese party.

Hulagirl55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM

You only get one birthday so one party! family, friends, neighbors, all at once!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)