Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Purchasing Land w/ a Home

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

wanted to ask about this since I have seen pictures of homes that many of you have in different states. I just need a general idea from you who know about this or know people that have been through this.

I am currently in NYC. DH and I have been here all our lives, but we always new we did not want to stay here, especially after having our LO. She is all we have right now and we definitely want to keep it like that, especially if we are here in NYC. It is just super expensive, but thankfully we have been doing so well, even with me being a SAHM. We were trying to figure out more or less how it is in other states, preferably down south (but we have been focusing on Florida to be quite honest), to buy a home on a few acres of land. We have looked online, but we really do not know people in other states that have homes or land. We are not sure how much you generally have to have saved for a down payment. We will be doing more research, of course, but we are looking to make this move in the very near future. 

Has anyone moved from one state to another? If so, how pricey can this get? I know it depends on how you do it too. I know of someone who used a moving truck from NYC to AZ, but I have no idea how much they paid for that. I am assuming it was a 1000+.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2kids19yrsapart
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM

No clue on the land/house question, but when we took a moving truck with stuff from a 2br 1ba apartment from FL to TN, with a car hauler for our one car, it took around $1300.  That was in 2007.

DeLaLi
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ok, thanks. I guess an actual truck might be a lot more, especially nowadays. 

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

No clue on the land/house question, but when we took a moving truck with stuff from a 2br 1ba apartment from FL to TN, with a car hauler for our one car, it took around $1300.  That was in 2007.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Moved 9 times, different states. Taxes can be more, as well as land and homes in different states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM
From NEPA to Tennessee it was 1600+ gas with a car hauler. That was in 2011.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN